I still like to see a "naked" cake like this ^_^, and also like this way of decorating a cake..
the making process..
My kid's favourite pet also celebrated together ^_^
Using the same recipe, next time I can also make into raspberry & etc..
I was tried to have the same height of each level, thus I have some leftover of blueberry mousse. If you wish to try this recipe, maybe you can only make 75% of the blueberry mousse. And I especially love the white chocolate mousse which was not overly sweet !
If you don't have a microwave oven to melt the white chocolate, you can use double boiler method. Melt the white chocolate over a bowl of simmering hot water. Once you see the white chocolate started to melt but not totally melt, remove the pan immediately, then stir with the remaining heat to melt the chocolate. If you keep over hot water for too long, it tend to splits.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess WannabeBlueberry and White chocolate Mousse cake 蓝莓白巧克力慕斯蛋糕*makes a 6” round cake
Chocolate Sponge cake2 egg yolks (A size)10g caster sugar30g corn oil30g milk10g cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona cocoa powder)33g cake flour
2 egg white (A size)30g caster sugar50g fresh blueberries
- Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar. Add in corn oil, stir to combine.
- Add in milk, stir to combine, then add in cocoa powder, mix well.
- Add in cake flour, mix well, set aside. The batter is thick paste form.
- Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks.
- Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light.
- Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture using a spatula, combine well. Add in fresh blueberries.
- Pour batter into the 6 ½” round pan (do not need to line with baking paper and do not use a non-stick pan), bake at pre-heated oven at 140c for 20mins (at lower rack), then increase to 170C and continue to bake for 15mins.
- Remove cake from oven and cool on a wire rack (prefer to invert the cake pan). Once cake is slightly cool down (10-15mins), remove cake from cake tin (use a think and flat spatula to run around the side and bottom of the cake pan) and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cake has cooled down, slice the cake and fill in to 6” cake ring or removable bottom cake pan. Set aside while preparing the mousse.
100g fresh blueberries15g caster sugar
150g natural yogurt150g dairy whipping cream15g caster sugar1tsp gelatine powder (will increase to 2tsp next time)1tbsp water
- Beat whipping cream and sugar over high speed in a mixing bowl that place over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water, beat until soft peaks form. Keep in the refrigerator while doing the next step.
- Cook blueberries with sugar in a saucepan, till thick paste, set aside to slightly cool.
- Add blueberries compote into yogurt, use a hand blender, process till fine.
- Sprinkle gelatine powder and water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
- Once gelatine slightly cooling down, then add into blueberry yogurt mixture, mix well.
- Remove whipped cream from the refrigerator, add with blueberry yogurt mixture, mix well. Pour blueberries mousse into a cake ring or cake pan, smooth the top. Keep in the refrigerator while preparing white chocolate mousse.
White chocolate mousse100g dairy whipping cream50g white chocolate25g dairy whipping cream
1tsp gelatine powder1tbsp water
- Beat 100g dairy whipping cream over a bowl of iced cold water till soft peak, keep in the refrigerator.
- Microwave white chocolate with 25g dairy whipping cream for 30sec, stir to mix well.
- While microwave the white chocolate, melt gelatine powder with water over a bowl of simmering water.
- Immediately add into white chocolate mixture, stir to well combine.
- Soon the white chocolate mixture has cooled down (don’t need to wait completely cool down), bring whipped cream out from refrigerator, immediately add in white chocolate mixture and stir to combine well.
- Pour white chocolate mousse into the cake ring or cake pan, smooth the top. Keep in the refrigerator for overnight. Decorate as desired.Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover