Chinese Fried Dumplings with Sweet and Sour dipping sauce 炸饺子和酸甜酱
For the dumplings150g minced pork50g shrimps, chopped2tsp chopped carrot2tsp chopped water chestnut1tsp light soy sauce1/2tsp salt1/2tsp sesame oil1/2tsp sugar1tsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
15pcs of round dumpling wrappers
For the sweet and sour dipping sauce40g green pepper, cubed40g red pepper, cubed¼ onion, cubed2tbsp tomato ketchup6tbsp water1tsp sweet chili sauce1tsp clear vinegar1/2tsp oyster sauce1/4tsp salt
- Mix all dumpling ingredients and marinate for an hour.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of the meat mixture in the centre of the wrapper. Using a brush or your fingers, coat the edges of the wrapper with a little water. Fold the circle in half to form a half moon, pressing out any air bubbles. Set aside the completed dumplings while you make the rest.
- Deep fry in medium heat cooking oil till golden brown.
- For the sweet and sour dipping sauce, mix all seasonings in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat little cooking oil, add in onion, green pepper and red pepper, stir fry for a while.
- Add in the seasonings mixture, cook till boil.
- To serve, dip fried dumpling into sweet and sour dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
Thai Pork Toast (Khanom Pang Na Moo)
1 hour ago