If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chinese Fried Dumplings with Sweet and Sour dipping sauce 炸饺子和酸甜酱

If just eating fried dumplings alone, I feel is a bit plain, usually I prefer to cook a small bowl of sweet and sour sauce to dip with the fried dumplings. My kids can't have enough if I prepare this dumplings.







Chinese Fried Dumplings with Sweet and Sour dipping sauce 炸饺子和酸甜酱 

For the dumplings
150g minced pork
50g shrimps, chopped
2tsp chopped carrot
2tsp chopped water chestnut
1tsp light soy sauce
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp sesame oil
1/2tsp sugar
1tsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
2tsp water
Pepper 

15pcs of round dumpling wrappers


For the sweet and sour dipping sauce
40g green pepper, cubed
40g red pepper, cubed
¼ onion, cubed
2tbsp tomato ketchup
6tbsp water
1tsp sweet chili sauce
1tsp clear vinegar
1/2tsp oyster sauce
1/4tsp salt 

Method

  1. Mix all dumpling ingredients and marinate for an hour.
  2. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of the meat mixture in the centre of the wrapper. Using a brush or your fingers, coat the edges of the wrapper with a little water. Fold the circle in half to form a half moon, pressing out any air bubbles. Set aside the completed dumplings while you make the rest.
  3. Deep fry in medium heat cooking oil till golden brown.
  4. For the sweet and sour dipping sauce, mix all seasonings in a small mixing bowl.
  5. Heat little cooking oil, add in onion, green pepper and red pepper, stir fry for a while.
  6. Add in the seasonings mixture, cook till boil.
  7. To serve, dip fried dumpling into sweet and sour dipping sauce, and enjoy!

Recipe  by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

 

29 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves!!! I loves!!! My favourite!!!

Veronica said...

Loved the addition of chopped carrots and water chestnuts which add a little crunch to the dumpling.

Mel said...

I never make fried dumplings before and I can see why it usually is not enough, it simply looks so delicious. Yes, I loves to have that sweet and sour dipping to go with this fried finger food!

咩咩 said...

It's my favourite!!

Victoria Bakes said...

gosh, can't remember the last i ate these... i remember buying a pack of five in school for a dollar... such delicacies

Victoria Bakes said...

gosh, can't remember the last i ate these... i remember buying a pack of five in school for a dollar... such delicacies

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

卖相真好,我可以吃很多个,yummy yummy

Andre C said...

I also enjoy dipping the fried dumplings in clear broth! 上湯煎水餃!

Li Shuan said...

我也很喜欢吃饺子,快点夹多几个走! 好吃好吃

PH said...

That sauce will make me wanting to eat more dumplings!

Fion said...

I love to dip with thai sauce..haha
This dumpling looks so yummy

Copycake kitchen said...

Yummy! Fried dumpling with sweet sour sauce, definitely a good combination.

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Oooh so nice... my kids love sweet ands sour dipping sauce, the bright red kind! They will love this dipped with anything! :)))

ann low said...

I love fried dumpling. Thanks for sharing the dipping sauce recipe.

Min said...

I love this! Used to make this quite often last time, dip with sweet and sour sauce is the best!

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Yummy to dip dip with sweet & sour sauce ... just can't get enough of these fried dumplings !

LEY said...

15 pieces?! sure not enough la....i alone can walap half of it , keke

Small Kucing said...

usually i just celop cili sauce., This sour dip sounds good. Mana cukup 15 pieces? Me alone can makan 10 leh

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, who can resists these fried dumplings, my favourite. I can have these as a meal. With the sauce, lagi best. Bookmarked.

mui mui said...

Hi Ah Chi,
I have tried your stir fry Erygii mushroom and it's so flavourful. My second loves it.
Your fried dumplings pairing with sweet and sour sauce looks so inviting. Must try this soon :)
mui

Sherleen.T said...

I can eat a lot of fried dumplings too, dip in sweet and sour sauce really yummy. Love it!

Victoria Bakes said...

Dear Sonia, apologies to post here, but there seem to be a breakdown in RSS feed between wordpress and blogspot. Hence, I will need to trouble you to delete and re-add my blog to your blog list... Thank you so much in advance for your support

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

有了沾酱,更美味了!

QembarDelites said...

I like these a lot, if I make, I usually have to make a lot cause my sons just love them too! so yummy!

Joceline Lor said...

脆脆的饺子,美味的酱料。Sonia 很 pandai 。。 谢谢分享。

Baking Taitai said...

I love fried dumplings, it's my all time favourite snack, simply can't have enough of it!

lena said...

you are right. Here in ipoh, there used to b a restaurant which serves their fried dumplings that comes with the sweet sour sauce..and it's delicious!

Ana Regalado said...

Love fried dumplings ! I always add , that is if I won't forget to buy it , water chestnut when I make some dumplings , it adds a more delightful texture .

mai has said...

as not much of halal option for me, i think i better cooked it myself.thank u for the recipe!!! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin