I adapted a new recipe, don't need mixer but simply just use a hand whisk to mix. And also using very basic few ingredients..
And we love this madeleine, it was buttery, moist and has a hint of lemon aroma! But the sweetness is slightly on high side..but still acceptable for this type of French cake.
I forgotten to grease the pan, resulted a bit of cake stick to the pan..and also on slight over bake.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess WannabeMadeleine 马德琳蛋糕*makes 10 mini madeleine mould and 4 Daiso mould
50g cake flour1/4tsp + 1/8tsp baking powder1 egg (55g), A size35g caster sugar
1tsp honey (8g)2/3 lemon zest50g butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Whisk egg and sugar with a hand whisk till sugar dissolved.
- Add in lemon zest, mix well.
- Sift in cake flour and baking powder, combine well.
- Add in melted butter ( you can either melt over microwave oven or over simmering water), mix well with the batter. Wrap with cling film, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grease the baking pan with butter, fill the batter into a piping bag, pipe the batter into the mould.
- Reduce oven to 180C, put in the baking pan, bake for 12-15mins.Recipe reference: meishilife cookbook