If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Nasi Goreng Kampung (Malay fried rice) 马来炒饭

This fried rice really kampong style, got kangkung (water spinach), petai (stink beans), and ikan bilis ( anchovies), all are my favourite ! And I especially like the crunchy caramelized ikan bilis, so yum!




Nasi Goreng Kampung (Malay fried rice) 马来炒饭 
*serve 5

2 and 1/2cups rice, cook in rice cooker 
250g chicken breast, cubed
A small bunch of Kangkung (water spinach), take the leaves only
70g petai (stink beans) or you may replaced with kacan panjang (long beans)
1 small cube carrot, chopped
4 garlic, chopped
4 shallots, chopped
Chili padi (green small chili) 

1tbsp belacan (shrimp paste)
1tbsp kicap manis or adjust accordingly
1tsp salt or to taste

White pepper 

40g ikan bilis (anchovies)
1tbsp sugar
Kicap manis to taste 

Sunny side up eggs  

Method

  1. Deep fry ikan bilis till golden brown, dish out. In the same frying pan, put back deep fried ikan bilis, add sugar and kicap manis, stir to coat well, set aside
  2. Using the same deep fried oil from ikan bilis, sauté garlic and shallots till aroma. Add in chicken cubes, stir to colour changed. Add in carrot and chili padi, mix well. Add in belacan, combine well.
  3. Add in cooked rice and kangkung, then add in kicap manis, salt and pepper, keep stirring till well combined.
  4. Add in petai, keep stirring till well combined. Once rice is mix well with all ingredients and turned dry, dish out.
  5. Serve with sunny side up egg and caramel ikan bilis. If you prefer more spicy, serve with cut chili padi and light soy sauce.

Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover



16 comments:

Rose world said...

My favourite. I love the flavourish nasi goreng kampung.

PH said...

Sedap dimakan, cantik dipandang!

Copycake kitchen said...

Sedapnya!!! Jom makan!!! Hehe...

Sally said...

太好吃了,我喜欢这样的炒饭,
尤其还有我最爱的臭豆。。呵呵

Mel said...

Tentu sedap.....tapi I will pick the petai out.

猫儿的天空 said...

I used to eat it every week during my uni time..hehe..

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , your Malay fried rice looks very appetizing ! I love everything in this dish , even the petai , which I tried before :D

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Petai, no thank you...

Victoria Bakes said...

what a dish... now you really wet my appetite for early lunch!

Honey said...

Hi Sonia,

This is sooo unfair. It's sooo delicious just because you add in the petai in the nasi goreng.

I never add petai in my nasi goreng kampung and I would like to try it for my next nasi goreng. Thank you for the brilliant idea! :)

Wordsmith said...

Yum yum yum ! Add some keropok ikan and cucumber slices at the side for extra crunch :9

Sem said...

lovely fried rice, I love stink bean and the ikan bilis cook in this method. Will try soon.

Little blue said...

香啊~肚子打鼓了!!

Angie's Recipes said...

I am HUNGRY, Sonia. This looks delicious and moreish.

mui mui said...

Aiyo! Ah Chi,
Minta sikit eh!! Sedap tu :D
mui

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

原来petai英文叫stink bean,谢谢。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin