Nasi Goreng Kampung (Malay fried rice) 马来炒饭
2 and 1/2cups rice, cook in rice cooker
250g chicken breast, cubedA small bunch of Kangkung (water spinach), take the leaves only70g petai (stink beans) or you may replaced with kacan panjang (long beans)1 small cube carrot, chopped4 garlic, chopped4 shallots, choppedChili padi (green small chili)
1tbsp belacan (shrimp paste)1tbsp kicap manis or adjust accordingly1tsp salt or to taste
40g ikan bilis (anchovies)1tbsp sugarKicap manis to taste
Sunny side up eggs
- Deep fry ikan bilis till golden brown, dish out. In the same frying pan, put back deep fried ikan bilis, add sugar and kicap manis, stir to coat well, set aside
- Using the same deep fried oil from ikan bilis, sauté garlic and shallots till aroma. Add in chicken cubes, stir to colour changed. Add in carrot and chili padi, mix well. Add in belacan, combine well.
- Add in cooked rice and kangkung, then add in kicap manis, salt and pepper, keep stirring till well combined.
- Add in petai, keep stirring till well combined. Once rice is mix well with all ingredients and turned dry, dish out.
- Serve with sunny side up egg and caramel ikan bilis. If you prefer more spicy, serve with cut chili padi and light soy sauce.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
Purple Sweet Potato Dessert Soup 紫薯糖水
3 hours ago