For the mid wing, you have to remove the small bone, and this part is most yummy part than the drummet.
For drummet, it was much easy to make into lollipop shape!
I cooked a pot of pumpkin rice (that two pumpkin flowers are from my garden ^_^) enjoy with these Boxing chicken.
Boxing Chicken 铁公鸡
8 chicken wingsOil for deep frying
For the marinate1 and 1/2tsp light soy sauce1tsp salt1tsp sugar
1/2tsp sesame oilWhite pepper1/4tsp Chinese five-spices powder1tsp grated ginger1tsp grated garlic
For the coating6tbsp corn flour2tbsp plain flour1tbsp rice flour1/4tsp salt
- Remove the chicken tip, separate chicken mid wing and drummet.
- Take the chicken mid wing, use a sharp knife cut around one end, slowly cut and push the meat and skin to separate from the bone. Remove the small bone and left only one big bone. Then pull the meat down to get little chicken lollipop. Repeat the rest. As for drummet, do the same thing except you don’t need to remove the small bone.
- Marinate the chicken with all seasonings for at least 2 hours.
- Coat the chicken with flour mixture, repeat the rest till finished.
- Deep fry in batches till golden and crispy. Serve with sweet chili sauce.Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover