If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, November 28, 2014

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza 芝加哥比萨

When I visit a country that I never been there before, I will sure try to taste out their local speciality. I have the opportunity to tag along with my husband to visit Chicago and New York on the last two weeks.Then I have this opportunity to try out Deep dish pizza which is Chicago's speciality. You can learn more at here.


When I first tasted this pizza, immediately I know I can make this pizza at home. The crispy crust tasted like biscuit, and I know my two ingredients pizza dough perfectly to use as the dough for this deep dish pizza.

 
see how to make this deep dish pizza..
this pizza is different from normal pizza where the last topping is tomato paste but not the usual cheese.

 
I would said my replicate recipe is very close to the original one that I tasted at Chicago. My children all gave me thumbs up ^_^



 
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza 芝加哥比萨 

One quantity of two ingredients pizza dough, refer recipe here 

To make tomato sauce
140g can tomato paste

4 cloves garlic, chopped
A small bunch of fresh sweet basil leaves
Olive oil
1 cup water
1tsp salt
2tsp sugar 

250g Mozzarella cheese, grated
40g chorizo slices or pepperoni or etc
3 sausages, slices
1 small yellow onion, slices 

Method

  1. Prepare the pizza dough, set aside.
  2. In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste, water and basil leaves, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10mins. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from the heat and let cool completely before using.
  3. Grease a 8” round removable bottom cake pan with olive oil. Press the pizza dough into the pan, pressing to the edge and stretching till reach cake ring.
  4. First brush a thin layer of tomato paste, then layer cheese, chorizo slices, sausage and onions, the balance cheese, last ladle the tomato sauce evenly over the top.
  5. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 200C (fan forced) about 30mins, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven, slice and serve hot. 

Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

 

14 comments:

Mel said...

Mmmm.....yum....immediately I know how delicious this could be!

Wordsmith said...

Omg looks so good !!! Salivate.... Sonia your family is lucky to have such a talented mummy cook

PH said...

Wah, looks so ho chiak! I saw this on TV once and it made me feel so hungry. Now can copycat your recipe and make at home :)

Copycake kitchen said...

Delicious leh! I greatly appreciate your sharing ! :)

Victoria Bakes said...

ooh, i haven't tried a deep dish pizza.. must be oozing with goodness. lovely to see you back in action

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for sharing this recipe. I last had it in U.K. many many moons ago and have been looking for something that replicates that lovely taste. I think you have nailed it. Now its on my next to-do list.
Thanks again and have a lovely day, Mrs Singh, Ipoh

Bakericious said...

Sonia, this deep pizza looks special and delicious, my family gonna love it too, must bookmark!

My Little Space said...

First time hearing this deep dish pizza. Sounds fabulous & looks amazingly scrumptious too especially those melting cheese. Slurppp.... Thanks for sharing it dear.
Enjoy your day.
Blessings, Kristy

Cecilia Yap said...

Hi Sonia, this pizza makes me drooling. Love the thin crust and is so special. Have bookmarked this too. Tks for sharing.

Joceline Lor said...

哇!Sonia,这个pizza 很棒哦。看了都 beh tahan 咯。
谢谢您的分享。

Sem said...

I want to give thumbs up too, must try out soon as we love pizza too much.

Wendy said...

Hi Sonia,

I'm a Malaysian currently living in Chicago. I've been following your blog for a long time especially when I need recipes for my daily meals. Definitely think your version is close to the one we have it here except that the side crust you have is much thinner. You're making me hungry now! Haha ;)

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , that is one huge and scrumptious pizza ! I love deep dish pizza but the one that I had eons ago cannot compare to yours lol

mui mui said...

I am giving you a Thumbs Up too!
This deep dish pizza is new to me.
Love the loaded filling and the melting cheese..yum!
Thanks for sharing ah Chi!
mui

Blog Widget by LinkWithin