When I first tasted this pizza, immediately I know I can make this pizza at home. The crispy crust tasted like biscuit, and I know my two ingredients pizza dough perfectly to use as the dough for this deep dish pizza.
see how to make this deep dish pizza..
this pizza is different from normal pizza where the last topping is tomato paste but not the usual cheese.
I would said my replicate recipe is very close to the original one that I tasted at Chicago. My children all gave me thumbs up ^_^
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza 芝加哥比萨
One quantity of two ingredients pizza dough, refer recipe here
To make tomato sauce140g can tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, choppedA small bunch of fresh sweet basil leavesOlive oil1 cup water1tsp salt2tsp sugar
250g Mozzarella cheese, grated40g chorizo slices or pepperoni or etc3 sausages, slices1 small yellow onion, slices
- Prepare the pizza dough, set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste, water and basil leaves, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10mins. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from the heat and let cool completely before using.
- Grease a 8” round removable bottom cake pan with olive oil. Press the pizza dough into the pan, pressing to the edge and stretching till reach cake ring.
- First brush a thin layer of tomato paste, then layer cheese, chorizo slices, sausage and onions, the balance cheese, last ladle the tomato sauce evenly over the top.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 200C (fan forced) about 30mins, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven, slice and serve hot.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover