The first time I made use 85g of dough, it was kind of small size. The second time I double it up, it become too large. So I gave you 3 sizes in the recipe for your to choose if you wish to try this recipe. That one we ate at New York was even larger size than that one I made ^_^
Slice them to half, then toast it, stuff with salad, ham, egg and cheese, perfect breakfast!
Plain Bagel 原味貝果
For the dough400g High protein flour (I use unbleached high protein flour)100g Cake flour1/4tsp + 1/2tsp instant yeast1/2tsp salt30g caster sugar300g fresh milk20g unsalted butter
For the syrup1 litre water2tbsp light brown sugar1tbsp honey
Topping- sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or herbs and etc
- Mix all dough ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, combine and knead till smooth dough. Add in butter, continue to knead till dough is elastic and smooth. Set aside to rise to double about an hour.
- Divide the dough (small-85g, medium-130g, large-150g) and shape to round, rest for 20mins.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long sausage shape. Join the ends to form a circle. Repeat with the remaining dough, and let the bagels rest for 30 minutes.
- Bring water, sugar and honey to boil. Boil the bagel one by one, less than a min each side. Remove the bagels with a slotted spoon and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle topping if desired.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 220C for about 15mins or until golden brown.
- To serve as sandwich, slice them into half, toast them, top with salad green, ham, egg & etc.