If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, May 11, 2015

Braided Nutella Star Bread (Nutella 星形辫子面包)

I have been bookmarked this beautiful Braided Nutella Star Bread for quite a while. When i saw very good price of Nutella selling at the supermarket that nearby the hotel we stayed during the recent Frankfurt Germany trip. I immediately bought one back home and only managed to make this bread today.






A bit tricky when rolling the dough into big circle, you have to rest the dough enough then it will easy to handle..

Not to waste, i used the leftover dough (after cut into circle) made into Nutella marble bread.


If you love Nutella, then you will love this bread!


Braided Nutella Star Bread  (Nutella 星形辫子面包)

460g High Protein Flour or Bread Flour
60g Low Protein Flour or Cake Flour
1 and 1/2tsp instant yeast

40g caster sugar
1tsp salt
380g fresh milk
50g unsalted butter, room temp.

250g Nutella
Egg wash-2tbsp egg + 1tsp milk

Method
  1. Mix all bread ingredients in a mixer except butter, mix till smooth dough.
  2. Add in butter, continue to knead till smooth, shining and elastic dough. Set aside to proof till double.
  3. Equally divide proofed dough into 4 portions, roll into ball, cover and keep aside to rest for 15mins.
  4. Roll the dough into a big circle (more than 10” diameter), with the help of rolling pin, transfer the circle dough on a parchment paper. Take a 10” plate or a round cake pan, and mark it off on the first layer.
  5. Cover the marked area with a thin layer of Nutella spread. Roll another layer of dough, place it on the previous one and made a mark on it. Then, put the Nutella spread on the marked area. Repeat the same for next layer.
  6. Put the last layer and cover with the plate to mark on it. Cut off the excess dough.
  7. Using a small glass or a tea cup, mark the center of the dough. Divide the dough into 16 equal segment, but leave the center intact.
  8. Take two parts of the dough in both hands and delicately twist them in opposite directions. Repeat with all pairs to form eight-armed star. Cover to rest for 30-45mins.
  9. Brush with egg wash, bake at pre-heated oven 180C for 20mins.


Shaping method video refer to here, recipe by Sonia a.k.a. Nasi Lemak Lover

19 comments:

PH said...

Cantik lah your bread! Sure very sedap with the Nutella filling.

Ana Regalado said...

I still have some Nutella here :D I love the design , so pretty !

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个不容易哦
你太厉害了:)

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

这个也是我一直想做的造型,你做的真漂亮 :)

Joceline Lor said...

好美的面包!好棒!

My Little Space said...

Hmmm...mmm.... this looks so good ! I wanna to make one too. Enjoy your day dear.
Blessings, Kristy

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

The bread is so beautiful! Love nutella with everything ;)

0620 said...

I dare not to try this pattern, ha~
Yours is looking so good loh

Victoria Bakes said...

Immaculately done

ChrisDee said...

Your braided nutella bread - beautifully done. Thought of making it for my kids last night but realised there is no milk or water in the recipe. Could you confirm? Thank you.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

ChrisDee, so sorry, didn't realized the recipe is incomplete, ok, i just added the amount of milk used.

gejala polip mulut rahim said...

I actually prefer the website this one, because I like the news content that is very amazing and very useful for myself and family :)
gejala polip rahim

Agnes CF Lee said...

the look of the bread itself is enough to attract people to try making it.

SLK said...

Hi Sonia, i wacthed the originAl of this recipe on youtube. The bread is Excatly the same as yours And is Your Link in this recipe correct?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

SLK, I use my own recipe but method of shaping you can refer to video.

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

好好看的面包,看色泽应该也很香!
看着看着,肚子竟然饿了! 哈。。。。哈。。。

Esther said...

Your bread is beautiful! I'm trying out your recipe now but it's going wrong. I kneaded using my Kenwood mixer with the dough hook on speed 1 for almost an hour and it was still sticky and not smooth nor elastic. I then left it to rise. It did double but it is still very sticky. I'm still going to carry on with the recipe but I don't think it'll turn out well.
How long do you knead for? Is your milk cold or warm? Does it make a difference? Would appreciate your advice.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Esther, I am not sure what went wrong, my dough is not sticky and I always prefer to use cold milk from fridge which give a bit slow proof and get better flavour of bread . And I have recheck the recipe and look ok, liquid portion is not more than dry ingredients . Maybe you wrongly weight milk? Next time slowly add in liquid and adjust accordingly .

Esther said...

Thanks for your reply.My bread turned out really ugly but tasted fine. May I know roughly how long you usually knead your bread dough for?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin