I was googled for a similar recipe and i only found Nami (Just One Cookbook) 's recipe which sound pretty close. Since i want to make into ice cream, so I use the only silicone mould that i have to make this chocolate. I put them into freezer to frozen it instead of refrigerate like Nami did. I have to wait till next day only the chocolate turned hard. But it still not taste like Nama matcha ice cream that we tried as the real one is hard like ice !!
So i can only named this as frozen matcha chocolate ! Anyway, my kids still love this chocolate, as they said it tasted like cool Matcha Kit Kat . And my son Desmond said 太好吃了 (super yummy). I guess this frozen version also very suitable in our hot weather here..
Frozen Matcha Chocolate冷冻绿茶巧克力100g white chocolate (I used Lindt White Chocolate Swiss Classic Bars)30ml heavy whipping cream1/2tbsp unsalted butter1/2tbsp green tea powder (matcha) + more for sprinklingA silicone mouldMethod
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces so it will melt quickly. And Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Add the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan and bring it to ALMOST boil over medium heat. Keep an eye on the cream; when you see bubbles around the saucepan, remove from the heat.
- Immediately add the white chocolate and butter. With a rubber spatula, mix all together.
- The mixture will start to solidify, so melt the chocolate and butter while the cream is still warm.
- Once the mixture is smooth, sift and green tea powder (matcha) into the mixture. Mix and combine together until the color is homogeneous.
- Fill the mixture in a piping bag, pipe mixture on the prepared silicone mould. Use a toothpick, swirl the mixture to remove air bubbles trapped inside. Frozen in the freezer for overnight.
- Remove from freezer, remove matcha chocolate and dust with more matcha powder. Store in a container and keep in freezer before consume.
Recipe adapted from Just One Cook Book with slight changes
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Desserts Organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Aunty Young