If you intend to try this recipe, please do not remove brownie from the pan before pour in the chocolate like me, a bit messy do this way..
My son Lucas enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream ^_^
My hubby prefer to have it with a cup of black coffee ^_^
Brownie with Chocolate Ganache 巧克力酱布朗尼*for 18cmx18cm (7”x7”)125g dark chocolate ( I use Lindt chocolate 70% cocoa)80g unsalted butter80g egg50g sugar80g milk80g plain flour1/2tsp baking powder50g hazelnut or walnut, lightly toasted, chopped
Chocolate ganache50g milk chocolate25g UHT whipping cream5g unsalted butterChocolate rice, for sprinkle, optionalMethod
- Melt dark chocolate with butter over double boiler.
- Lightly stir the egg then add in sugar, stir till sugar dissolved. Add into melted chocolate, add milk, mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder into chocolate mixture, mix well. Add in toasted hazelnut, combine well.
- Pour into a lined baking square tin, bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 20mins.
- Remove from oven and set aside to completely cool down before pour in chocolate ganache.
- To make chocolate ganache, melt chocolate over double boiler, add in milk and butter, stir till smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache on top of the brownie (do not remove brownie from baking tin), sprinkle with chocolate rice,keep in the fridge to set.
- Slice the brownie and serve.
Reference: Home Baking Sunday cookbook with changes, by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Desserts Organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Aunty Young