I always feel lazy to update my blog when i returned from a vacation, sorry ^_^. Anyway today I feel so excited to try out this new bread that i got inspiration from few Japanese Instagram account. After i checked few of this recipe, and found out that this bread is solely using milk. As i always love bread using milk, and it usually turned out nice.
This bread just use straight forward method..quick and easy!
Sprinkle with bread flour
Topped with butter
The crust is light and crispy!
And bread texture is so soft and good, thumbs up!
Japanese Milk Hearth Bread 牛奶哈斯麵包30g cake flour or low protein flour1tsp instant yeast
20g sugar3g salt (1/2tsp +1/8tsp)190g cold milk25g unsalted butter, room temp.35g unsalted butter, cold from fridge, cut into small rectangular, for toppingMethod
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix and knead till smooth dough.
- Add in butter, knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and keep aside to proof till double in size.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, roll into one big round ball or you may separate into two round ball, set aside to rest for 15mins.
- Spread out the dough into an oblong shape. Fold in the left/right sides in quarters so that the two sides meet at the center, and then roll up from the side closest to you. Roll up into oblong balls. Be sure that the seams are properly sealed.
- Place the dough on a lined baking pan, set aside to rise again.
- Sprinkle with bread flour, score the surface of the dough with 5 slashes. Top butter on the cut area.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins or until golden brown.
Reference : cookpad, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover