If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, May 1, 2015

Japanese Milk Hearth Bread 牛奶哈斯麵包

I always feel lazy to update my blog when i returned from a vacation, sorry ^_^. Anyway today I feel so excited to try out this new bread that i got inspiration from few Japanese Instagram account. After i checked few of this recipe, and found out that this bread is solely using milk. As i always love bread using milk, and it usually turned out nice.



This bread just use straight forward method..quick and easy!

Sprinkle with bread flour

Score it!

Topped with butter

The crust is light and crispy!

And bread texture is so soft and good, thumbs up!


Japanese Milk Hearth Bread 牛奶哈斯麵包

230g bread flour or high protein flour
30g cake flour or low protein flour
1tsp instant yeast


20g sugar
3g salt (1/2tsp +1/8tsp)
190g cold milk
25g unsalted butter, room temp.

35g unsalted butter, cold from fridge, cut into small rectangular, for topping

Method
  1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix and knead till smooth dough.
  2. Add in butter, knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and keep aside to proof till double in size.
  3. Punch down the dough to expel air, roll into one big round ball or you may separate into two round ball, set aside to rest for 15mins.
  4. Spread out the dough into an oblong shape. Fold in the left/right sides in quarters so that the two sides meet at the center, and then roll up from the side closest to you. Roll up into oblong balls. Be sure that the seams are properly sealed.
  5. Place the dough on a lined baking pan, set aside to rise again.
  6. Sprinkle with bread flour, score the surface of the dough with 5 slashes. Top butter on the cut area.
  7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins or until golden brown.


Reference : cookpad, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

17 comments:

Adeline Pang said...

What a beautiful bread, it look so delicious. May I know where you buy the blade to score the bread?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Adeline, I just use the blade from shaver ^_^

Andre C said...

Oh wow! This is such a beautiful lovely loaf of bread! I wish I could have a slice!

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Good morning Sonia sifu,
I haven't seen this Japanese Milk Hearth Bread before, It looks beautiful! Keep the recipe and will bake it one day. Thank you.

CQUEK said...

Yes please!! These are wonderful!

chow and chatter said...

looks wonderful and so soft

Adeline Pang said...

Thanks Sonia, I bake it this morning. Is soft and taste good. Thanks for your sharing.

Passionate About Baking said...

I'm attracted by how simple and nice the bread looks! And the recipe doesn't look too complicated. Your recipes are really good. I shall try this. Thank you for sharing Sonia.

Mindy said...

Since receiving negative comments from a relative from Facebook about my homemade bagels look nothing like the store bought ones, I have stopped baking bread a month ago. However your recipe makes me want to bake again. Thanks Sonia.😀

Anonymous said...

I was always told to heat up milk before using for bread dough...

Agnes CF Lee said...

I always received bad comments on my homemade bread making me want to quit baking, but looking at your bread, I want to bake again.

Penyebab Penuaan Dini said...

wow Japanese food is always tempting to make anyone be passionate and passion for fast immediately eat

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sonia. Even though I'm a bread baking newbie, I managed to produce this successfully as your instructions were clear. Mine was lovely and yummy. Thanks Sonia!

Cheers, Kulinary Klutz

ML said...

Hi Sonia,

This bread looks really delicious! Just checking if the 170C oven temperature is for fan forced or conventional? Thanks! - ML

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

ML, no fan forced

little devil said...

Tried this recipe and although it looks ugly haha, it tasted sooooo good even 3 days later! Thank u for your wonderful recipe! It made me seems like a breadmaking expert. Although tis is just my second brread making attempt. I shall try it with luncheon meat or as garlic bread. :D

http://dapurresepnusantara.blogspot.com/ said...

This bread looks really delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin