If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, May 25, 2015

Double boiled Dong Quai Egg dessert soup 当归冰糖炖蛋

This double boiled Dong Quai egg dessert soup was my childhood favourite dessert soup. My mother always told my sisters and I how good of this herbal soup benefit to us, Dong Quai 当归 is like female ginseng.




My mother taught me to use the head of Dong Quai 当归头 when double boil this dessert soup, better than use the body of Dong Quai.

You have to crack the egg shell a bit, a bit tricky this step ! This egg actually also over cracked..


I use slow cooker to cook double boil method, so don't need to monitor the heat.


Love the strong Dong Guai aroma and nice smell from the soup, and the egg also taste so yummy especially the yolk (egg white a bit rubbery) !

Learn this recipe, then you can cook for your mother, sister,daughter, yourself or maybe girl friend ^_^

Double boiled Dong Quai Egg dessert soup当归冰糖炖蛋

5 Kampung eggs or free range eggs
5 slices of Dong Quai head 当归头
100g rock sugar 冰糖 , or adjust as per your preference of sweetness
5 cups hot water


Method
  1. Wash egg on running tap water, pat dry. Gently crack the egg shell on counter top.
  2. Place eggs, Dong Quai slices and rock sugar into a ceramic soup pot (炖盅), pour in hot water, cover.
  3. Place ceramic soup pot in a slow cooker , fill the slow cooker with hot water till half of height of soup pot. Place a kitchen towel to secure the pot, cover . You can also use a double boiler.
  4. Double boil for 3hours, serve warm, drink soup and remove egg shell and enjoy!


Recipe from Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover 

I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Desserts Organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by  Aunty Young

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Goodmorning,Ms Sonia,
Thanks for sharing... will definitely cook for my daughters!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Thanks for sharing this double bolied egg soup. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

Katherine said...

Hi Sonia

I have almost forgotten about this recipe. My mom used to make this for me when I was younger. Now will make for my daughter. Thanks.

CQUEK said...

i must try that.. we love eggs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia
Can the soup be drink?
Michelle

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Michelle, yes of course you can drink the soup, that is the most nutritious part ^_^.

Yannie said...

This is so nutrient. I must cook this for my daughters and myself. Thanks.

My Little Space said...

Yes, I love using the dong gui head as well cause it smell & tasted better, more heavy. Thanks for sharing such unique recipe.
Enjoy & have a great day dear.
Blessings, Kristy

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Hi Sonia, this is such a nutritious herbal dessert! Thanks for sharing it to BREE!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Definitely will try it.

Anonymous said...

Hi sonia. How many serves is the soup? Tx. Jin

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Jin , five small bowls with each one egg ^_^ it depend how many bowl you want to serve per person .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin