If you are making in large amount for party, for this biscuit base step, you can do it one day in advance.
The mixture of cream cheese and gelatine is watery, so you have to freeze the cupcake before place strawberry on top, otherwise it will sink to the bottom.
I just brush with homemade sugar glaze but did not make a layer of jello or store bought jelly, so i know it is safe to consume as i know what i put in ^_^
No-Bake Strawberry Cheese Cupcakes免烤草莓芝士纸杯蛋糕*for 64cupcakes using Genpak 2oz cupcake caseFor the Crust400g digestive biscuits, process till fine crumbs200g butter, melted
For the cheese layer1kg cream cheese, room temp260g caster sugar600g hot boiling water30g gelatine powder2tbsp lemon juicesFresh strawberries, halved, and cut a V-shaped notch on top of the strawberryFor clear sugar glaze1/2cup water1/4cup sugar1/4cup water1tbsp tapioca starch or corn starchMethod
- To make the crust. In a mixing bowl, mix biscuits crumbs and melted butter till well combined.
- Spoon biscuits (~2tsp) into each cupcake case , use another clean cupcake case, press the biscuits till firmed and flat. Chill in the fridge to harden, or you can do this step one day in advance.
- To make the cheese layer. Mix hot boiling water with gelatine powder, stir till gelatine dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar till light. Add 1/3 of cooled gelatine water and lemon juices, beat till well combined, add in the rest of gelatine water, whisk until mixture till combined. To get smooth mixture, strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour the mixture into each cupcake case with biscuit base (about 80-90% full). Place the filled cupcakes in freezer to slightly set the mixture ( around 10-15mins).
- Take out cupcakes from freezer, place half strawberry on top and lightly press it. Chill it before brush with clear sugar glaze.
- To make clear sugar glaze. Add 1/2cup water and 1/4cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir till sugar dissolved.
- Mix tapioca starch with 1/4cup water in another small mixing bowl.
- Pour the tapioca mixture into the hot water stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to simmer for one to two minutes until it has thickened. Remove the pan from heat.
- Set aside to cool in room temperature, brush clear glaze on the strawberry. Chill the cupcakes in fridge for several hours to set.
Recipe and steps provided by SIL, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover