Still using the same recipe from earlier purple sweet potato hot cross buns , just fill in with red bean paste this time.
This time i gotten not so good quality of purple sweet potato, so i can't get sharp purple colour ..Nevertheless this bun is soft and love the less sweet homemade red bean paste.
Purple Sweet Potato Red Bean Buns 紫薯红豆面包*makes 10 bunsFor the bread75g mashed purple sweet potato250g High protein flour or bread flour30g caster sugar25g sweetened condensed full cream milk1tsp instant yeast120g milk1/4tsp fine salt25 unsalted butter
For filling and topping200g red bean paste ( I used homemade )10 almond nutsMore bread flour for sprinkleMethod
- Mix all bread ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix till smooth.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Set aside to rise for 1hr.
- Equally divide into 10 portions, roll into round ball, rest for 15mins. Divide red bean paste into portions, roll in round ball.
- Flatten the dough, place a red bean ball, wrap the dough and shape it round. Slightly flatten the dough, then use a sharp knife to make a 6 cuts on the sides. Press one almond at the centre, then place dough on the lined baking tray, set aside to rise about 45mins.
- Dust dough with flour, bake at pre-heated oven 180C for 15mins.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover