An easy recipe, just make sure you ready all ingredients before cooking, including the sweet and sour sauce. You can adjust the taste of the sauce while cooking, everyone has difference taste buds.
Sweet and Sour Pork 咕嚕肉300g pork belly, cut into bite-sized pieces1tsp light soy sauce1/4tsp salt50g red bell pepper, cut into pieces50g green bell pepper, cut into pieces (can be replaced with cucumber)80g fresh pineapple, cut into pieces35g onion, cut into pieces2 slices of ginger
Sweet and sour sauces50g tomato ketchup20g sugar10g white vinegar10g sweet chili sauce1tsp oyster sauce1/2tsp salt1/4cup waterCornstarch, for deep frying porkOil for fryingMethod
- Marinate pork belly pieces with light soy sauce and salt for at least 30mins.
- Mix all ingredients for sweet and sour sauces in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Coat marinated pork pieces with cornstarch. Deep fry in hot oil over medium low heat till cooked and slightly brown. Return all fried pork into hot oil and fry it over high heat for less than a minute until golden brown and crispy.
- Remain 1tbsp of oil in the wok, sauté onion and ginger till aroma.
- Add in red bell pepper, green bell pepper and pineapples, mix well.
- Pour in sweet and sour sauces, bring to boil.
- Add in fried pork and continue stirring till sauce thickens and all ingredients well coated with the sauces.
- Dish out and serve hot or warm with steamed rice.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover