Fresh Strawberry and Blueberries bread buns _Natural yeast天然酵母_新鲜草莓蓝莓面包*for a baking pan (9”x9”), makes 16 bunsFor the bread250g High protein flour or bread flour200g Natural yeast from sourdough starter (culture with bread flour)20g caster sugar150g fresh milk30g unsalted butter, room temperatureFilling125g fresh strawberry, hulled and cut into small pieces35g granulated sugar1tbsp corn starch50g blueberriesIcing30g icing sugar1 and 1/2tsp waterMethod
- Bring out starter from the fridge. Feed it with 20g bread flour and 20g water ( if you have less starter, you can feed more). Allow to peak, take less than 2hrs. You may perform a float test. Drop a small spoon starter into water, if its float, that means you may start to use the starter.
- Mix the strawberry pieces with sugar and corn starch. Put in the freezer for 1-2 hour before using.
- In a stand mixer, add in bread ingredients except butter, mix and knead till smooth.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Cover and set aside to proof till double in size.
- Line 9”x9” square pan with baking paper. Remove dough from the bowl and roll into rectangular shape.
- Place the filling on top of the dough. Roll into cylinder, then cut into 16 pieces. Place the dough into the prepared pan. Cover with damp tea towel. Let the dough rise until double.
- Bake in preheated 185C oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the bread cool to room temperature.
- Mix the icing sugar with water (drop by drop) until you get the right consistency, drizzle over the bread and let the icing set.
Reference : dailydelicious, Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
Zucchini Noodles with Sausage Sauce
10 hours ago