After saw Twister's post on cake, and realized so long didn't bake butter cake, immediately I bake one. I done a rectangular shape and some cup cake.
I also bought a bottle of Whipped light cream and some colorful candy to decorate the cup cakes, kids are so happy to decorate their own cup cakes.
Reciep to share
200g castor sugar
250g self-raising flour
1tsp of baking powder
1tbsp of grated orange rind
5tbsp of orange juice
1.Put butter and castor sugar into a mixing bowl
2. Use low speed to mix until even, change to medium speed and beat until light and creamy.
3. Add in the first egg, beat well after each addition of egg until creamy
4. Add in vanilla
5. Divide flour (mix with baking powder ) into three portions and add in gradually, use lowest speed to mix in flour.
6. Add in orange juice and orange rind, mix until well-combined
7. Pour into a greased baking pan, bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 45mins.
Since recently so many blogger post on the flowers, this time, I also want to share some of the flowers photos.
I visited this tulip garden (actual name is Keukenhof Gardens) in Holland (The Netherlands) 3 years ago, I took the opportunity to visit this garden when I transited (9 hours ) at Amsterdam airport for a business trip to Brazil in somewhere mid of Apr. I just took a local tour guide at the airport, the distance from Amsterdam airport to this garden was less than 30mins.
I'm so lucky to have this opportunity to visit this world's largest flower garden, spread over 32-hectares and attracting over 800,000 visitors each year. This number is very impressive since the gardens are only open for a few weeks (full tulip blossom in month of Apr-May) each year.
1) These photos took when we are on our way to the garden. A nice sunny day with weather 13-14c.
2) We get a small girl and a dog be our models
3) Crowd at the entrance to the Keukenhof Garden
p/s In next post, I will publish all the nice Tulip photos, stay tuned.
My mother brought me a very good quality yam, earlier thought want to cook yam rice (after seen Nancy post), but last minutes I changed it to yam cake instead.
As usual, I enjoyed this delicious yam cake at my favorite patio area of my house.
After saw 温馨小屋 post on charcoal steamboat http://felvinc.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-post_06.html, I just realized that I have been so long never try this steamboat shop at Berkerly Klang, they also use charcoal to serve steamboat. Immediate the next day, we go there for dinner.
This shop is there for a long time, at least 25years old. They still maintain the quality till now, food serve there are fresh and their side dish e.g kam heong crab, fried glass noodle & etc are nice too.
1 ) Charcoal steamboat
2) Why the soup there is nice, because they add fried lard "cu yau za" in the soup.
3) The shop name is Restoran Makanan Boon Wah
p/s if today you don't have any idea where to take dinner for Valentine celebration, maybe this is a good place for you, cheap and nice.