If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tulip, Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands, Part 1

Since recently so many blogger post on the flowers, this time, I also want to share some of the flowers photos.

I visited this tulip garden (actual name is Keukenhof Gardens) in Holland (The Netherlands) 3 years ago, I took the opportunity to visit this garden when I transited (9 hours ) at Amsterdam airport for a business trip to Brazil in somewhere mid of Apr. I just took a local tour guide at the airport, the distance from Amsterdam airport to this garden was less than 30mins.

I'm so lucky to have this opportunity to visit this world's largest flower garden, spread over 32-hectares and attracting over 800,000 visitors each year. This number is very impressive since the gardens are only open for a few weeks (full tulip blossom in month of Apr-May) each year.


1) These photos took when we are on our way to the garden. A nice sunny day with weather 13-14c.


























































2) We get a small girl and a dog be our models











































3) Crowd at the entrance to the Keukenhof Garden




















p/s In next post, I will publish all the nice Tulip photos, stay tuned.

10 comments:

Colin Woon said...

That's a wonderful opportunity. The tulips field is amazing!

We went to Netherlands a few years back but we didn't get the opportunity to see the tulips garden.

Bakeling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bakeling said...

Very , very beautiful tulips and scenery !

I like it very much with larger photos !

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, yes, I'm so lucky to be there to see the tulip blossom. Free trip somemore..

Bakeling, this is the largest photo I made. Noticed when I enlarge it, some of the portion unvisible, what is the best way to see big picture?

Bakeling said...

Emile : You picture is big enough now. I didn't do anything to my pictures. When I upload those pictures ,I just click the size that the blog given as the fix size : small ,medium and large. So, I just click the large one.

Colin Woon's photo is bigger than mine ,why not ask him how to do it ?

Nancymommy said...

哇....很壮观哦...很羡慕喔... :P

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, Thanks for your advise. I think partly due to the background colour of my blog. Let me see how to improve it.

twister said...

emile, just click on the picture in your psot and drag it to the size that u like, that's it....

Anonymous said...

Wah so nice leh the tulip. I was there in year 2007 and I went there some where in Oct. Weather is really cold that time and quite scary ya to walk around in Amsterdam and I was travelling alone that time.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Suesue, if you want to see tulip, the best time is from Apr-May, I was there at the end of Apr. Nice weather, sunny day and blossom tulips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin