Monday, November 30, 2009
Chocolate rice and walnut butter cake
a pinch of salt
135g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (medium)
3tbsp of milk
50g chocolate rice
50g chopped walnut (slightly roasted it)
1. Beat butter, salt and sugar till creamy
2. Add in egg one at a time
3. Fold in cake flour and baking powder
4. Mix in chocolate rice and walnut, don't overwork it.
5. Sprinkle some chocolate rice on top
6. Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 35mins -45mins or until cooked (depend your type of oven and baking pan, you adjust accordingly)
Do enjoy Baking !!!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
It was a nice experience to take this crystal cable car
Kids enjoying and experience the magic of the deep blue sea and the lush green mountainside underneath their feet!
Thought it will be tough to climb the 268 steps, but we managed to reach the platform quite easily.
At the end of this trip, Desmond requested me to take his photo with the crystal cable car
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Yam ring with assorted vegetables
Yam ring ingredients:-
Yam 200g ( the weight is after cooked, try to use good quality of yam, I use"Penang Or")
Rice flour 1tbsp
Lard oil 4-5 tsp ( I started with 2tsp, but keep adding, till I forgot the exact amount, so you adjust accordingly, till you get soft and not too sticky dough) .
Sugar 1 and ½ tsp
Chinese five-spice powder ( optional, I did not put this)
Steps to make yam ring:-
1. Steam the yam until cooked.
2. Mash the yam and add rice flour and seasoning, mix well until soft and not too sticky dough.
3. Shape into ring and deep fry the ring till golden brown (oil must cover the whole ring)
** I use doughnut cutter to shape, and use fingers to shape it more thinly, this is to save oil and easy to handle when frying.
Chicken filling ingredients:- ( You may add those veggie that you like, your choice !! )
water chestnuts, cubed
1. Stir fry above ingredients till cooked, seasoning with oyster sauce and salt.
How to serve Yam ring:-Pour the mixed vegetables into the yam ring and serve the dish immediately !!!
p/s This dish have to use lard oil, it will not taste as good if you use other type of hearty oil/shortening to replace, trust me...
Do enjoy Cooking!!!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
First come with Char Siew Pau ( I forgot to order their famous chicken bun as I totally forgot this hot item), anyway, this is the best Char Siew Pau I ever had, very nice.
Kids requested to order this sweet type of kuih, normal only..
"Mar Lai" kuih, quite good, but I still prefer the "Gula Melaka" type which selling in wet market here
Thinking to try the usual Sui Mai, Har Kau &etc, but we did not see the aunties pushing trolley with all these items, no choice, we just grapped this Teochew style of kuih, and to our surprise, this was delicious !!!
Finally we realized that we have to run to those aunties and take the famous dim sum by ourself, do not wait for them to pushing the trolley to your table as this will not happen..
"Chee Cheong Fun" with just added some light soy sauce, a bit plain, and the skin is not as "Q" as like those we take in Dim Sum restaurant here, also without sambal dried prawn which is my favorite, quite normal..
This is good, meat and prawn wrapped with beancurd sheet.
Lin Heung Tea house is located at:-
G/F, 160-164, Wellington street, Central, Hong Kong.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Hazel nut and chocolate chips cookie
175g all purpose flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4 tsp of baking soda
a pinch of salt
125g unsalted butter
75g brown sugar
10g cocoa powder ( ~2tbsp)
1 egg (medium) -lightly beaten
200g chocolate chips
60g Hazel nuts
1. Beat butter, salt and brown sugar till creamy
2. Add in egg and mix well.
3. Mix in flour and rice flour.
4. Then add in chocolate chips and followed by Hazel nuts
5. Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 16mins.
** Immediate store in air-tight container to avoid cookies turned soggy.
Do enjoy Baking !!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
To continue with my Hong Kong trip, visit to Disneyland is a must since I bring my kids along.
I do not want to show you all those cartoon characters e.g Mickey Mouse, Pluto and etc, these are too common for you, just like to share with you the surroundings.
-She is so pretty..
-Disneyland in the evening time...
Saturday, November 14, 2009
- Fried rice with beef, full of " wok hei", simply delicious !!!
- Normal Cantonese style of noodle, not bad..
-Fish ball noodle soup, this was bad, the fish ball has kind of smell..
2) Dinner at 食通天(Food Forum) at Times Square.At first we were thinking to take dinner at 小南國 (Mia recommended) but it was fulled. No choice, we went to next restaurant 玉桃苑 The Graces Garden which serve Teochew sytle of dishes, it was totally no customer at that time, we were curious whether the food there will be nice or not, but due to super hungry after the whole day walked, we went in.
- First come with fish soup, very fresh and nice.
-This was the best Teochew style of braised goose 鹵水鵝肉I have ever had, super delicious.
- Kids love this fried fish, just a simple fried fish with light soy sauce, but why it tasted so delicious, I think they use premium soy sauce, and dip the fried fish with mayo, simply delicious. I will try to cook this at home one day.
- In Hong Kong, definitely must eat this Hong Kong veggie, we ordered this veggie in almost all our meals in Hong Kong