Beside Ayam Paprik, I like to eat another type of Malay style of Ayam (Chicken), Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chili Chicken), usually I will top up this chicken when I buy Nasi Lemak from Malay stall.
- Ayam Masak Merah (Red chili chicken), very hot and spicy..
- I also cooked Petai prawn to eat together with Ayam Masak Merah.
-Nasi Lemak with Ayam Masak Merah and Petai Prawn, this time my kids really can not tahan (stand) the hot of this chicken, even myself also can not tahan a little bit..hehehe..
Simple recipe to share:-
Marinate chicken (pieces) with:-
1. fresh turmeric paste or turmeric powder
2. light soy sauce
spice paste (blend big onion, garlic, ginger, galangal and shallot)
fresh tomato paste
Big onion slices
1. Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown, set aside
2. Heat oil in a wok, saute the spice paste and lemongrass until fragrant. Add chili and tomato paste and saute for a while.
3. Add in the fried chicken pieces, season with salt and sugar, mix well and add some water to simmer for a while.
4. Add in onion slices , mix well, and dish out.
* Add onion slices at last step, is to get crunchy taste of onion.
p/s I will see your next week, go vacation lor...
**no photo details, old toy
3 hours ago