I have to finish up a bag of glutinous rice which I kept for quite some time ago, thus I cook Loh Mai Kai for today lunch.
*can make about 12 bowls of Loh Mai Kai
1kg glutinous rice, wash clean and soak for 4hours or more
12pcs dried mushrooms (soak to shorten)
2 Chinese dried sausages (sliced)
800gm of Chicken ( cut small pieces)
Ginger ( pounded and get the juices)
1. Rinse and drain soaked glutinous rice. Heat oil in a wok, add in glutinuous rice, season with 3tbs salt, 2tbsp sugar and 2tbsp of light soy sauce. Cook for a while, then pour into rice cooker, add water and cook.Set aside.
2. Heat 2tbsp sesame oil in a hot wok, add in chicken pieces, ginger juices and mushroom, stir fry for a while, then add in water and cook for 15mins. Season with 2tbsp of light soy sauce, 1tbsp of oyster sauce, 2tbs of salt,1tbs of sugar and 1tbs of Chinese wine.Set aside.
3. Pan fry Chinese sausage slices till brown.
4. Place 1-2 cooked chicken pieces, Chinese sausages and mushroom on a metal bowl or aluminium foil cup, then scoop cooked glutinous rice on top.
5. Steam over high heat for 30mins. You may serve with chicken floss (optional).
My tip: cook the glutinous rice first in a rice cooker , this is to shorten the steaming time.
Do enjoy Cooking !!!
details:-1/4, AV 2.5, ISO 200, no tripod...
3 hours ago