When I see Ellie and Shirley posted Ginger Scallion beef, it remind me of the black pepper scallion beef that I cooked during my trip to Gold Coast Australia and inspired me to cook this dish again.
The scallion in Australia is difference in size when compare to scallion here, the usual scallion/spring onion we get here is thin and small but scallion in Australia is large and thick, the taste also sweet and good aroma. The other day I saw the similar scallion selling in Jusco, i bought some to cook this dish again even the scallion price is 3 times higher than usual spring onion that we get here.
Black pepper Scallion beef
(recipe source : by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
350g beef, thinly sliced
½ red pepper, thickly shredded
4 stalks scallion/spring onion, cut into 5cm in length
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1tbsp light soy sauce
1 and 1/2tsp black pepper powder
1/4tsp salt or to taste
2tbsp cornstarch/tapioca flour
Japanese sake (optional)
1. Marinate beef slices with marinate ingredients for an hour or more.
2. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a frying pan over high flame quick stir fry for 1min (do not overcook). Set aside.
3. Using the same pan, heat 1tbsp of oil over high flame, add in chopped garlic, sauté for few seconds. Add in red pepper and scallion, quick stir fry for 1min.
4. Return cook beef slice and quick stir well with scallion.
5. Sprinkle little Japanese sake, immediate dish out and serve hot with steamed white rice.
Happy Cooking !!