My SIL Annie given me a packet of this corn meal (polenta) which I have been looking to buy some, but i couldn't find this corn meal in nearby supermarket...
I bought 3 Avocados from Tesco which only cost me RM 3.50 (USD1). This is discounted price as those avocado not in good looking skin but I think is still good to use for baking. I managed to find this recipe in Joy of Baker which use both avocado and corn meal..
Avocado Pound cake
(recipe source: adapted from Joy of baker with minor changes)
*makes a loaf pan
Flesh of 1 Avocado
125g butter, softened
1/2tsp vanilla extra
200g cake flour
40g Polenta (fine corn meal)
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1. Blend avocado flesh together with milk, set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Put in avocado milk mixture, combine well.
5. Add in flour, Polenta, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 45 minutes or until done when tested with a skewer.
** I like this pound cake which has mild avocado aroma, buttery and soft...
Happy Baking !!
Happy Easter to all....