This is a common sandwiches in Malaysia, I eat this sandwiches since young. Now my son Desmond also like this too, he just requested me to prepare for him this morning.
I have planted a lot of trees and flowers in my garden. This morning I just picked up this frangipani flowers and decorated in this special plate, look lovely!
Sardine sandwiches (recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
1 can sardines in tomato sauce ( i always use my favourite Ayam brand)
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce (optional)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt to taste
a squeeze of lime juices
1 loaf white sandwich bread
1 cucumber, finely sliced
1. Mash the sardines with a fork.
2. Heat little oil in a pan, saute onion till browned and aroma.
3. Add in sardine together with the tomato sauce.
4. Seasoning with soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce and salt.
5. Last add in lime juices, dish out and set aside to cool.
6. To assemble the sardine sandwiches: Trim the crusts of the bread. Spread butter on a slice of bread, arrange cucumber slices and spread sardine evenly on top of the bread. Cover with another slice of bread. Cut into 2 equal size of triangles.