When I saw My Kitchen Snippets's baked cassava cake, i immediate bookmarked but I only managed to do it after 4 months later. I was curious how cassava can make into cake with butter and flour. The ingredients are slighlty difference from what the usual Bengka Ubi (see Jane's recipe here).
This cake is buttery and taste quite good. If next time I going to do this , I must grate cassava till finely as i find the grated cassava in this cake was a bit hard.
Baked Cassava cake
( recipe source: adapted from My Kitchen Snippets and Table for two or more , with minor changes)
300g well drained grated cassava (grate finely)
130gm butter, room temperature
160gm caster sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup thick coconut milk
140gm self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup of freshly grated coconut (optional , not in original recipe)
1. Greased and line a 8” or 9” square cake tin.
2. Beat butter and sugar till creamy and light.
3. Add in egg one at a time, well combine.
4. Add in vanilla extract,salt and coconut milk, combine well
5. Add in flour, grated cassava and grated coconut, fold well.
6. Pour into the baking pan and bake until golden brown for 45 minutes or until the skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool completely before cutting into it.
Happy Baking !!