I saw an article in the newspaper talked about a new bakery shop in KL, and this Maple syrup loaf is their best selling item. Since i have no chance to try this loaf from this shop (too far from my place), so i imitate this loaf at home using my own creation.
I was not sure what ingredients to make the nice swirl with maple syrup, i decided to add cinnamon powder as i think maple syrup should be match with cinnamon powder. But i ended with a loaf full of cinnamon aroma but can't really taste the maple syrup. My kids don't really appreciate this loaf, my husband and I have to finish whole loaf. I sliced and toasted it in the next morning, and ate it with maply syrup, that was nice and smell good.
I still need to improve on how to make the nice swirl..........
300gm bread flour
50gm all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
160ml full cream milk
1. Mix all ingredients together and knead till smooth and elastic. Keep aside to prove for 1hr or until double in size.
Maple syrup and cinnamon paste :
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Add all ingredients together to form a paste.
To make maple syrup cinnamon loaf
1. Place the bread dough onto a slightly floured surface
2. Roll flat and then spread the paste onto it.
3. Then follow the pastry folding process.
4. Place the dough into bread tin, leave to prove for another 1hour.
5. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 35-40mins.