One of the main purpose i bought a KA mixer is to bake fresh white bread to serve for breakfast. I have own this mixer for almost a year, if i can recall, i only made white bread not more than 2 times, hehehe.. Recently i just inspired by this good white bread recipe and making me to bake white bread again..
And now we even can enjoy this fresh homemade white bread with a cup of nice coffee (behind is my brand new Nespresso coffee machine)
We even make this into French toast with ham and cheese, YUM!
The dough is quite difficulat to handle, very soft and sticky, and it also required very long hour of waiting time. So I dont know when i will make this again..check the below recipe and you will know..
English white bread
(recipe source: adapted from ccm2poco)
300g High protein flour/bread flour
3/4tsp active dry yeast
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, combine and knead till a rough dough. Cover with cling film and keep aside to rise for 3hours in room temperature.
1 and 3/4tsp sugar
2tbsp milk powder
10g butter, melted
1. Tear the starter dough into pieces and mix with all ingredient except melted butter.
2. Using a stand mixer, knead till dough is well combined (about 3mins).
3. Add in melted butter, continue to knead about 10mins till dough is smooth.
4. Cover with cling film and keep aside to rise for 30mins.
5. Divide the dough into 3 portions, knead till a smooth ball and keep in baking pan to rest for 20mins.
6. Knead again and rest for 15mins, repeat this step for two times.
7. Pat each piece out to an oblong, then fold one end into the centre and the other in on top. Put into a buttered tin, rest for another 40mins.
8. Apply egg wash, bake at a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25mins.
9. Remove bread from tin once cooled.
The texture of this white bread still maintain soft after keep it overnight.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #8 for June 2011-Bread Seduction, and you have a chance to win a cookbook if you submit a bake.
Happy Baking !!