When these egg tarts came out hot from the oven, it look so tempting and I ate 2 pieces at one go, no wonder my sore throat can not get well till now, hehehe..
I saw Jane's this yummy egg tarts in the afternoon the other day, I feel like want to eat it immediately but there is a type of ingredients that i need to confirm with her. But I still want to eat this egg tart, how? Luckily i recall an egg tart recipe using frozen puff pastry in a blog earlier (sorry, i can't recall the blog name)..And i make a right choice, this egg tart is so yummy, furthermore it is so easy and quick to be prepared..
Anyway, I will still try to make tart pastry one day, it look more authentic and homemade always the best.
Egg tart with frozen puff pastry
(recipe: largely adapted from Forbidden Garden )
Egg custard filling
240g hot water
100g coarse sugar ( i will reduce 10g next time as it taste quite sweet)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp white vinegar
12pcs frozen square puff pastry, thawed
1. Dissolve sugar in hot water, set aside to cool.
2. Break eggs in a mixing bowl, lightly stir.
3. Add in syrup (no 1), vanilla extract and vinegar, lightly stir well to combine.
4. Sift twice, set aside.
5. Trim off about 1cm puff pastry (optional, you may use the whole piece), arrange in a 12 holes muffin pan.
6. Pour egg custard filling in the puff pastry case, about 90% full.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 35mins or till golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Happy Baking !!