If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, December 5, 2011

Ratatouille, Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)



Ratatouille movie is one of my favourite movie, i was repeated watching this movie for few times..Finally i made Ratatouille for the 1st time...



Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)


Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)



Ratatouille
(recipe source: adapted from Flavours Food Magazine Oct 2007)

Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)1 long purple eggplant
2 zucchinis, cubed
1 onion, cubed
1 red capsicum, cubed
1 green capsicum, cubed
3 cloves garlic, chopped
200g tomatoes, peeled and cubed
100g tomato puree
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme

3tbsp olive oil
Brown sugar to taste
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste

Method
1. Split the eggplant lengthwise, place in a colander, and sprinkle with salt to draw out the bitterness. Set aside for 30mins, drain and cut into cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan. Add the eggplant and cook until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook the zucchinis the same way. Remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan, cook the onion until aroma. Add red and green capsicums and cook until tender, add garlic, eggplant, zucchini, tomato and tomato puree. Cook for 1min.
5. Pluck the rosemary and thyme leaves, add to the ratatouille. Simmer over low heat for 1hour. Stir from time to time.
6. Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
7. Allow to cool and refrigerate if not using immediately. The flavours will develop overnight.
8. Serve warm or cold, as a side dish, as a topping, or use as a base or flavouring for other recipes.



 We enjoyed Ratatouille with Pommes Duchesse (basically some puréed potatoes that includes egg yolk, butter and seasonings), sausages and sunny side-up eggs..

Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)


Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)



Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)
(recipe source: adapted from Angie’s recipe)

Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)400g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
1 egg yolk
50g butter, melted
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt and white pepper to taste

Method
1. Boil potatoes till tender. Drain, mash and press potato through a fine sieve into a bowl.
2. Add egg yolk and half the butter. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
3. Pipe swirled rosettes onto a lined baking sheet. Drizzle remaining butter over potato.
4. Bake at pre-heated oven at 220c for 20-25mins or until lightly browned.


Ratatouille,Pommes Duchesse (Baked puree potatoes)


Thanks Angie for sharing Pommes Duchesse recipe, it was yummy while still hot, especially the brown and baked edges..so aroma..

41 comments:

Anh said...

Very healthy and colorful meal :)

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Looks great and colorful Sonia...same pinch here I have watched the movie few times but never try:)

Swee San @ TheSweetSpot said...

yum.. with a toast to soak up the ratatouille

Mel said...

Looks delicious healthy dish.

cocoeriley said...

I like this movie very much. Cute movie + tasty meals... ;)

Bo said...

I love that movie too...the meal looks great, especially the potatoes.

WendyinKK said...

I got to know of this classic dish thru that movie too. I have made mine half a year ago, haha... still in drafts. Dunno when I'll get it posted.

WendyinKK said...

Sonia, BTW, this dish is made with almost all red and green ingredients..... Red and Green??? Will u be submitting to SS's event?

ahteekitchen said...

MMmm~~learnt new thing 2day! Like the way u bake the potato, looks great n tasty even juz on the apperance!

Li Shuan said...

Sonia, I like pommes with the soft inside and the crunchiness from outside. I never make my own pommes always use the store bought one ..too lazy to make. Yours look just the same as the store bought one. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Ana Regalado said...

Love that movie , too :) Your ratatouille looks mouthwatering and the pommes looks very pretty ;)

lena said...

i quite love ratatouille, when i make these, i will also spread it on toasts, just love that! your ratatouille looks really nice , so are your baked potatoes!

Elin said...

Sonia...me too, I love Ratatuille...awww yours look delish ! yummy !

abbymonster said...

这个好吃..我也喜欢^^
但我家的小瓜就不怎么爱吃

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Dinner time coming soon, this dish makes me hungry, hehe...

Anonymous said...

Very nice one! Pommes Duchesse seems to be good on Sunday roast too..

Shereen said...

Hi Sonia,
Your ratatouille looks delish.I often cook a big batch and will freeze them.They taste much better after being kept and I would usually tossed them with spaghetti, make bruschetta etc.

ann low said...

This is such a beautiful dish. Looks so delicious that comes with puree potatoes :)

Sherleen.T said...

wahsei, you are doing french cuisine now...i like this movie too...
very tempting dish that can't take my eyes off the pictures...:)

Jeannie said...

I have not watched that movie would you believe it? But of course the boys were talking non-stopped about it so much so I heard about ratatouille too but never had it before. Healthy dish!

Eileen@Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

This looks great!

Rachana said...

I love that movie too and the Ratatouille looks yumm!!!

Min said...

I don't like egg plant la, but then I love Pommes Duchesse, looks great and I'm sure they taste yummy too!

Tina said...

Looks delicious and tempting..

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Very classy. Looks like a dish from an expensive French restaurant. But much better since it is home-made. Oh now I know what to do with our new harvested potatoes. Like that swirl.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Yes! Ratatouille is one of my favourite movies too! I think I can never get tired of watching it. :) Indeed yours looks very homey and delicious....yum!

daphne said...

perfect meal there! I can pop a few of the potatoes in my mouth straight away!! (the healthy ratatouille balances it up!)

Yan said...

I had ratatouille at my friend's house last night but without the "Pommes Duchesse". But without thyme and rosemary.

Your Pommes Duchesse looks good and delicious ! I like the flowery shape !

Jes's Deli Corner said...

the baked pure potato looks very nice

cindyrina said...

Owwhhh!!! look so good and delicious... yum yum...

Small Kucing said...

My son also crazy about that movie.


Yummy food here

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我也非常喜欢这套电影
还进戏院看了3次,哈哈

jehanne@thecookingdoctor said...

pomme duchesse bookmarked for my fussy baby's gourmet food tomorrow! Ithey look so pretty, I hope it will miraculously makes my lil angel eat her potatoes if i make them just like you did:-)

Yee Er said...

yum yum breakfast...wish i can have one, haha...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks like a great meal. Pomme duchesse is cutely presented.

Pete said...

Ratatouille, love this movie too....watch many replays on the tv...lol!

Gloria Baker said...

sounds and look amazing:) gloria

divya said...

looks delicious and yummy....

pigpigscorner said...

I have a ratatouille recipe bookmarked right after watching the show! I really have to make this some day.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

My kids love the movie and I also watched it several times but had never cooked Ratatouille. Looks so delicious. I love veggies so I am pretty sure I'd love this, with of course the egg on top! I've seen pommes duchesse before and now with the recipe I can try it at home. They look so pretty...

Jane Chew said...

Looks delicious...! Am hungry now 😊. You are really a good cook.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin