This is a dish that usually we like to order when take meal at "Tai chow" hawker stall..Actually it is quite simple to cook this dish at home.
How to easily slice the belly pork thinly? Just freeze the pork for about 3 hours to semi hard, then you can easily slice to very thin slices...
Use this type of salted fish
I am submitting this post to "Muhibbah Malaysia Monday blog event"which hosted by 3 hungry tummies
Fragrant Claypot Salted Fish and Belly Pork咸鱼花腩煲
(recipe source : by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
350g belly pork, slice thinly
50g salted fish, slice thinly
5 dry red chilli, cut into 1” length
1 spring onion, separate the white part and green part, cut into 1” length
6 slices of ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ onion, cut wedges
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp dark caramel sauce
1/2tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tbsp Shaoxing wine
1. Brown the salted fish in a non-stick pan with little oil, set aside.
2. Mix seasoning in a mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Heat up a claypot, add 3tbsp cooking oil, sauté ginger, garlic, dried chilli, white part of spring onion and onion till aroma.
4. Add in pork slices, fried salted fish and seasoning, stir well for 2-3 mins.
5. Last add in green part of spring onion and Shaoxing wine.
6. Serve immediately with steamed rice.