When i need to use dairy cream, usually i will buy one big litre instead of small packet since the price is much cheaper if compare to just buy a small packet. But i need to start to figure out what to make when there is some leftover..this time, I replaced Oreo biscuit with Marie biscuit to make this Sawdust Pudding..
Frankly, i did not eat a single cup of this pudding, because this is too fat for me.hehehe. All were finished by my kids..
Oreo Pudding a.k.a Sawdust Pudding
(recipe source: Inspired by Min’s blog)
300ml dairy Whipping cream
85g Oreo biscuits
80g Condensed milk ( you may adjust accordingly)
1tsp vanilla extract ( I use homemade vanilla extract)
1. Crush Oreo biscuits (remove the filling first) finely in a food processor (you can bash-it-in-a-Ziploc-with-rolling-pin method if you don’t own a food processor).
2. Whip whipping cream to soft peaks over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water. Add vanilla extract and condensed milk (Suggests you add 2/3 first, taste, then add more if it needs sweetening). Continue whipping until stiff peaks.
3. Transfer the cream into a piping bag. (fitted with a plain 1 or 2 cm nozzle)
4. Place a layer of biscuit into your vessel (individual moulds, mousse rings or cups) and pipe a layer of cream on top. Repeat until vessel is filled.
5. Chill in the freezer for two hours. When serving, leave it out for a bit (around 10 minutes) for it to soften.