If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sawdust Pudding 木糠布甸

Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸
The other day I was stumbled up this pudding recipe, understand this is a famous pudding in Macau. Sawdust Pudding aka Serradura is actually a layered chilled dessert made up of a sweetened, vanilla whipped cream and crushed Marie biscuits. I immediately try out this recipe since this recipe requires all simple ingredients. I also missed Marie biscuits as I have so long did not eat this biscuit.



Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸


We immediately fall in love with this pudding, creamy similar like vanilla ice-cream and the Marie biscuits are perfectly blend into the cream, YUM YUM!

Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸


You have to whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks. Learnt from Okashi book, whip the cream over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water produced best result.

Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸



Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸
(recipe source: adapted from my buttery fingers with minor changes)
*makes 4 cups

Ingredients
Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸200ml dairy Whipping cream
40g Marie biscuits
45g Condensed milk ( increased to 60g)
1tsp vanilla extract ( I use homemade vanilla extract)

Method
1. Crush Marie biscuits finely in a food processor (you can bash-it-in-a-Ziploc-with-rolling-pin method if you don’t own a food processor). Sift the biscuits crumbs.
2. Whip whipping cream to soft peaks over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water. Add vanilla extract and condensed milk (Suggests you add 2/3 first, taste, then add more if it needs sweetening). Continue whipping until stiff peaks.
3. Transfer the cream into a piping bag. (fitted with a plain 1 or 2 cm nozzle)
4. Place a layer of biscuit into your vessel (individual moulds, mousse rings or cups) and pipe a layer of cream on top. Repeat until vessel is filled. (Suggests that don't put too much biscuit, or the cream will adhere to only the top bits and the dessert will look messy)
5. Chill in the freezer for two hours. When serving, leave it out for a bit (around 10 minutes) for it to soften.



Sawdust Pudding木糠布甸



Happy Weekend ahead to everyone !!

 

39 comments:

Bo said...

I didn't know what this was from the name...it looks delicious...great tip for whipping the cream.

Cuisine Paradise said...

This is an interesting dessert :) just using whipping cream and condensed milk. I am sure it will be great for party@!

Yummy Bakes said...

Sonia, this looks very yummy - am drooling .... Can I have one first.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!
Sonia, can i use non-daily whipping cream? TQ

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Wow, so easy to prepare and only a handful of ingredients! Live how u present it so elegantly, perfect for after dinner parties. 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Anonymous, i don't think use non-dairy whipping cream would be nice..

Mel said...

wow, I just made it the other day! Yum Yum....it is a very delicious dessert.

Torviewtoronto said...

simple and easy delicious pudding

Pink Lady said...

Perfect dessert to enjoy in these sunny days :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

lunch time coming...

WendyinKK said...

I've been thinking to make this as well after seeing it on a TVB eating show to Macau.
For me, I whip my dairy cream in ceramic or glass bowl that has been frozen for 15 minutes at least. These 2 materials keep the chill in better than stainless steel. And need not be bathed in ice water. So less hassle.

Small Small Baker said...

Heard of this famous dessert but never try it. Very simple recipe and very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me:)I have already made it and as I use too when i was little my daughter loved it too;)You have a tasty weekend too;)

Pete said...

He he he, Marie bisquit, just bought 2 weeks ago...still in the cabinet, havent't open! LOL!

Pushpa said...

Pretty and delicious dessert.

Unknown said...

木糠it mean Marie biscuits吧。。so special ya。。。。

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我想,我会爱上它的滋味:)
早就想做很久了,我看真的不要再耽搁下去了:)

ReeseKitchen said...

Very easy to prepare and it looks classy. Nice one to serve in a party...:)

Mary said...

What a pretty dessert. The name threw me for a moment, but this is such a fun looking dessert. I love individually portioned desserts, even though I rarely make them.

ann low said...

This sounds so interesting! I definitely love to try this out, looks so yummy :)
Thanks for sharing Sonia :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Very creamy and delicious!

Amelia said...

Hi Sonia, nice presentation and delicious dessert. Thanks for sharing.

Tina said...

bookmarking this recipe..looks perfect and delicious...

daphne said...

I was curious with the name sawdust! LOL but it looks great with the bikies!

Oh, while i can't have cream.. i think yogurt might be ok too!?

divya said...

Wowww... Lovely and delicious recipe.. Looks gr8 !!

Min said...

I tried this dessert before in Macau few years back and I really love this. I want to try this also, yours look so yummy! Really a good choice as dessert for this hot weather.

Prema said...

yummy and delicious pudding...

ICook4Fun said...

I never come across this dessert before but it sounds delicious. This will be great if you want a quick dessert without too many ingredients.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia!

The dessert looks yummy and most of all its easy to prepare. You are good Sonia. Thanks for sharing.

Yen

lena said...

getting fat already but i dont mind having this too!

Yee Er said...

That's definitely a good recipe to keep when u have some extra whipping cream sitting in the freeze. Tkz for shring.

tigerfish said...

Sounds really easy! And I used to have Marie biscuits too. Simple good tasting biscuits :)

kitchen flavours said...

Never heard of this pudding before, looks really good! And I have not eaten Marie biscuits for years!
Have a lovely weekend!

Little Corner of Mine said...

What a lovely dessert and so easy to make too. You got me tempted! Except whipping cream is a bit too fattening in my book.

Jane Chew said...

must be yummy. One of my handy recipe for friend's party. Normally i just did in 1 big tray n chill overnight n cut into pcs to serve like an ice cream bars. Ya, i used 2/3 of condensed condensed milk in my recipe.

pigpigscorner said...

I've never heard of this! Sounds really interesting and looks so delicious!

My Little Space said...

I've yet heard of this dessert before. Should try one of this day. Thanks again for sharing.
Kristy

Padhu Sankar said...

Simple and tempting! Bookmarked!
You might like my no bake chocolate fudge using marie biscuit
http://www.padhuskitchen.com/2011/12/chocolate-recipe-no-cook-chocolate.html

Compliance Hong Kong said...

This looks delicious, I will try it out. Thanks for the recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin