If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ayam Cincaluk (Chicken with Preserved Shrimps)


While i reading the homemade cincaluk posted by Yummylittlecooks, remind me a bottle of cincaluk (preserved shrimps) bought from last Melaka trip still sitting in the fridge. I was inspired by her and quickly google for some recipes to use this cincaluk, and also same time i can support to Wendy's event Malaysian Food Fest as this month is to cook a dish that related to Melaka and also support to  Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.




IMG_5724 copy

Oh, this dish is full of flavours, sour, sweet, salty and lemon aroma (from the kaffir lime leaf) , and also love the crispy fry shallots and garlics on top, this dish need a lot of steamed white rice to go with it..While cooking this dish, the whole house is full of  " Belacan" smell.
Ya, the red and green chili also tasted nice wor, similar like eating capsicum / pepper

IMG_5721 copy

This is the Cincaluk that i used..

IMG_5700


Ayam Cincaluk (Chicken with Preserved Shrimps)
(Recipe source: adapted from Kuali.com with minor changes)

Ingredients
90ml cooking oil ( i did not actually measure)
IMG_5712 copy 8 shallots, peeled and sliced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
500g chicken thigh (2 thighs), remove skin and cut into small bite size
70g preserved shrimps (cincaluk), with juice
3 kaffir lime leaves
200ml tamarind juice, extracted from 50g tamarind pulp and 200ml water
2 red chillies, halved lengthways, seeded and cut into three pieces
2 green chillies, halved lengthways, seeded and cut into three pieces

2 tbsp sugar or to taste

Finely ground paste:
8 shallots, peeled
a small piece of fresh turmeric, peeled
3 stalks lemon grass, sliced

Method
1. Heat the cooking oil and sauté shallots and garlic until crisp. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same oil, fry the finely ground paste until aromatic. Add the chicken, cincaluk (preserved shrimps) and lime leaves.
3. Add the tamarind juice. Season with sugar. Cook until the gravy thickens. Add in crisp-fried shallots and garlic (half portion) half way through.
4. Stir in fresh red and green chillies, cook for 1-2mins.
5. Garnish with the remaining crisp-fried shallots and garlic just before serving.





I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest hosted by Cindy of yummylittlecooks
And also
submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Test by Skewer

36 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

How i wish i can have a bite of it right now...

Yannie said...

This dish of you looks good as ever.

Casey said...

这个一定很香很下饭,肚子饿了,哈哈!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我捧着白饭来了

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
Cincaluk..salivating only by the sound of it. Love your Ayam Cincaluk, the method of cooking it seems simple but i bet it is very delicious.

PH said...

I can imagine how fragrant this dish is. I like cincaluk very much.

kym said...

ho jiak..
来下饭好咧。。

zila norazila said...

sonia
my fav cencalok..mix dgn ayam lagi best..i like:)

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

Oh dear, its not a good idea to read cooking blogs just before you start cooking, coz then you wish you are cooking the recipe you have just read! Sonia, this looks so good. Rminds me my mum makes fantastic cincalok, must ask her how to make it. Wll try your recipe very soon :) thanks for sharing.

The Experimental Cook said...

I should try this on my new-age daughter. It will be an interesting culinary experience for her!

Mel said...

Yes, I believe this dish is full of flavours, aroma & fragrant! I think it's not only attracting people over to this dish, the flies too.... just kidding! Wish I can taste it now.

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

u remind me of my hometown melaka, but sad to say, i nvr buy cincaluk before and i classify it as 'tourist must buy' item, hahahaha!

Li Shuan said...

Do u know how hungry I am when I am reading ur post. This chicken cincalok looks so yummy and I bet the taste is super delish.

Simple Person said...

I think I never try cincaluk b4

Little blue said...

Hoho...I have fresh homemade cincaluk from my friend, I think I can try this delicious dish!!

Ana Regalado said...

I'm getting hungry here ! lol That ayam cincaluk looks really really delicious !

ibundo said...

looks so yummy..

lena said...

i also just cooked a cincalok dish today..but with pork.

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Oh no... i need 3 bowls of rice!!

Amie said...

mmmm...yummy...yummy!!!

Bee said...

looks absolutely ravishing...must try as soon I get some cincaluk!

gertrude said...

This dish looks really delicious!! I am very 'sua ku' never tasted cincaluk before. I am able to get something looking very similar to this here but I am not sure if it is the same or not. It is from Indonesia.

Unknown said...

Wao.... so delicious. i like it. but my family don like cincaluk.

QembarDelites said...

Looks so delicious! THe first time I cook cincaluk with eggs, it was so salty I almost died lol!

Veronica said...

Beautiful colours and lots of textures to your yummy dish. I am salivating now looking at your dish.

daphne said...

oh yeah! the flavour of the shrimps, the bite of it and chicken. Good wholesome dish!

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

hmmm...tasty tasty chicken gravy in a pot:)

Indian Khana said...

Colorful n yum ...nice one

Unknown said...

It's looks tasty and the photo is very well taken. Love this Melaka dish.

ping said...

Oh, I remember having this but it was with pork slices. That was how mum used to make. Funny why she'd never made it with chicken. I've almost forgotten about this dish. I have some cincalok left after using it to make kimchi and didn't know what to do with the rest of it. Now I do! Yay! Thanks Sonia! I can't wait to make this!

kate said...

Mmmmm this looks yummy and colourful.

yummylittlecooks said...

Sonia, so delicious!!!, can eat lots of rice with it :)
Thanks for taking part in MFF Melaka Month :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Enak!! This ayam looks so yummy. And belacan is one of favourite ingredients!!

WendyinKK said...

Yikes, now I see this, hehehe, still not too late. Thanks for the support ;)
The chicken with cincaluk sounds good. Does it taste like chicken with belacan? Actually I have no idea, only eaten cincalok once.

Lilian said...

Love to try this recipe. Is the chicken with bone or boneless?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Lilian, should be boneless

Blog Widget by LinkWithin