If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, October 2, 2015

Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes 巧克力脱脂乳杯子蛋糕


I supposed to make 60 cupcakes for my niece’s Birthday on last week. I planned to bake chocolate buttermilk cupcakes topped with chocolate Swissmeringue buttercream. But the end, I have to cancel this plan due to the bad haze situation (not sure when the school will be closed). Anyway, since I already bought the buttermilk, so I proceed to make some chocolate buttermilk cupcakes.



My personal opinion, buttermilk cake which is less greasy , soft and moist , are suitable to frost with buttercream. You only need to fill batter 1/2 full, as to get nice dome shape of cake after baked. And i only use 1 egg to get 9 cucpcakes !




Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes 巧克力脱脂乳杯子蛋糕
*made 9 of 2oz size of cupcakes

75g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/8tsp baking soda
A pinch of fine salt
10g cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona cocoa powder)


1 egg (large or A size)
60g caster sugar
20g corn oil
60g buttermilk

Method
  1. Combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder together, sift into a clean mixing bowl.
  2. In another clean mixing bowl, add egg and sugar, use a hand balloon whisk to whisk till light. (if you make double quantity, suggest to use electric hand mixer to beat).
  3. Add in corn oil, whisk till combine. Add half of cake flour and buttermilk, beat to combine, then add the balance cake flour and buttermilk, combine well (the batter should be runny).
  4. Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners. Fill to about ½ full.
  5. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20mins.

Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

11 comments:

Diane said...

They look delicious. I would have to try and make them with creme fraiche as buttermilk is impossible to get here! Have a good day Diane

Jeosiyy said...

we could hardly find buttermilk around malaysia :( where did u get yours?

PH said...

The tops are so smooth. Mine always cracks :(

Rose world said...

Such beautiful cupcakes.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Jeosiyy, Major supermarket or bakery ingredients shop

Unknown said...

Nice

Jeosiyy said...

Alright, thankyou very muchiie ;)

qinqin89 said...

Yes your top is smooth.. Mine cracks.. What is the reason u have any idea?

Unknown said...

Check the temperature.. too hot will crack the cake top

Anonymous said...

U don't have to its just sour milk I added abit of lemon juice inside my milk it taste nice still so yea ~

Mable Lee said...

Hi, I just want to ask can I substitute cake flour with self raising flour? If I use self raising flour, will it be the same 75gm?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin