Nangka Ji 椰絲糯米丸*makes 14-16 pcsCoconut filling150g grated coconut60g Gula Melaka, chopped1/3cup waterA pinch of salt2tsp Molasses, optional , to get deeper colour3 blades pandan leaves, knotted1tbsp corn flour2tbsp waterMethod
- In a non stick pan, add in grated coconut, gula Melaka, water, salt , pandan leaves and Molasses (if using). Stir fry over medium low heat till gula Melaka dissolved and mix well.
- Fry till coconut mixture turned dry, add in corn flour that mixed with water, continue to stir fry till thick . Dish out and set aside to cool. Take some coconut filling, use hand to lightly squeeze and shape to oval.Glutinous rice flour dumplings200g glutinous rice flour160g cooked room temp waterMethod
- Mix glutinous rice flour with water, knead till a smooth dough
- Take a small dough, wrap coconut filling inside, roll till smooth oval shape.Coconut paste2 cups water3 blades pandan leaves, knotted50g sugarA pinch of salt1/2cup thick coconut milk
35g rice flour55g waterMethod
- Boil water, pandan leaves, salt and sugar till sugar dissolved.
- Add in coconut milk, stir well to mix.
- Mix rice flour with water, slowly pour into coconut soup, stir till thick paste.To serve
- Boil a pot of water with pandan leaves. Drop in glutinous rice balls, cook till it floated.
- Add cooked glutinous rice balls into coconut paste. Serve warm or cool.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
2 hours ago