Sweetness from the onions, sourness from the lime juices, and savoury from the seasonings, who can resist the taste !
This is a fish dish that even my kids also love it!
Poached fish with Onions and Limes dressing青柠洋葱水煮鱼1 whole fish ( I use Red snapper) ~450g3 slices ginger1tbsp salt
Dressing1 and ½ red onions, sliced5 chili padi, chopped2 daun cekur, shredded (optional)1tbsp oyster sauce1tbsp light soy sauce1tsp sugarA pinch of salt3tsp Kasturi lime juices or to tasteHot cooking oil (optional)Method
- Boil a big wok of water that enough to cover the whole fish.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Once water is boiled, add in ginger slices and salt, stir to mix.
- Lower the fish into simmering poaching hot water, simmer over medium heat.
- After 5mins, turn the fish to another side, continue to simmer for another 5mins. If the fish is big, then you have to simmer for about 15-20mins. Another way to check the fish if it’s cooked, when the fish’s eyes are pop up.
- Turn off the heat, let the cooked fish remain in the hot water. Gently remove to a serving plate after 15mins. If you don’t serve immediately, you can continue to let the fish remain in the hot water (but not too long hours).
- Spoon onions and limes dressing on top the fish, pour hot oil on top. Enjoy!
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover