Knowing this French deliciously rich bread (Brioche) from a food magazine, I immediately give a try. Some of the measurement mentioned in that magazine was inaccurate, that's why I do not want to mention this magazine name. I have no choice, use my own judgement, add here and there, surprisingly the result was really great. You must try this recipe, the bread tasted like bread and also tasted little like cake(when hot) , can you imagine it !!! Outside is crispy, inside is soft, buttery, very difficult to describe, you must bake yourself and taste it. So far, I have not seen this kind of bread selling in bakery shop here.
I don't have muffin mould, so I use the paper cup to bake , thus it became cup bread, hahaha!!!
Yeast base - mix 1 tbsp lukewarm water with 5g of instant dried yeast, set aside until frothy.
250g of high proten flour or bread flour
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium-size eggs
100-125g of softened butter
1) Combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast base and eggs. Mix until it forms a smooth sticky dough. (Take note- keep in mind that the dough is always very sticky, don't be tempted to add extra flour !!)
2) Add the softened butter and knead for about 5 minutes. Rest the dough for 1 hour.
3) Knead the dough again and cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4) Dust the worktop with flour, shape the dough to your preference shape.
5) Set aside again to proof until doubled in size.
6) Brush the top with the beaten eggs and bake in preheated oven at 180c for 20minutes.
**Total preparation time : 4 hours ( quite long hour, so bake it when you are free )
** The bread turned quite dry in the next day, so advise you to finish at the same day.
Stir Fry And Lightly Braised Bitter Melon
7 minutes ago