- "Chicken Floss" sweet buns
- Cheese Loaf ( topping with cheddar cheese and Italian herbs)
As I do not have a heavy duty mixer and bread maker, I made the bread by hand. It is not difficult as you thought.
Ingredients: (make around ten buns and one cheese loaf)
high protein flour - 350g
Castor sugar- 60g
salt -1/2 tsp
Yeast base- mix 2 tbsp of milk powder with 150ml of warm water, then add yeast 1tsp and leave aside till frothy (about 15mins)
1) Mix all ingredients (dry ingredients and yeast base) in a mixing bowl.
2) Mix into dough, knead the dough until elastic, smooth and non-sticky, about 10mins.
3) Cover the dough with towel, leave it to prove till double in bulk (normally about 1 hour).
4) Take out the dough and punch out the gas produced.
5) Shape and add fillings as desired, and arrange in a greased pan.
6) Leave it to prove again for another 15mins.
7) Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degC
The buns still soft even kept until the next day, but advise to finish it all on the next day since the bread did not add in any chemical ingrediants e.g bread improver, softener & etc..
Do try out this simple, healthy and delicious buns and bread.