If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Char Siew (BBQ meat ) Bun

The other day I saw Rachel making 烧包 (original recipe from My Kitchen Snippets), this remind me the Char Siew bun that I tried earlier, it using the same Char Siew filling but wrap with sweet bread dough, usually it wrap with normal pastry skin or pau skin..

- Asked Desmond to become model to hold the bun when photo taking, I couldn't get a clearer picture, as his hand keep shaking and he keep saying his hand pain, actually he wanted to watch his favorite cartoon..So I managed to get this photo..



- Char Siew filling



- some perfect buns




- failed one, too thin skin, resulted filling came out..




- Yummy Char Siew bun


Recipe to share:-


-中种面团 ( my 1st time try this, recipe from Felvinc)

-High protein flour- 100g

-Water-60ml

-Yeast 1tsp ( I mixed with 1tbsp warm water and set aside for a while)

1. Mix all above ingrediants and knead became dough. Set aside for 30mins. Then put into a plastic bag and store in the fridge to keep it overnight.


Sweet bread dough

- High protein flour 300g

- Yeast 1tsp (mix with 1tbsp warm water, and set aside)

- salt 1/2tsp

- Sugar 50g

- Milk 100g

-water 10 g (adjust accordingly)

-butter 30g

-中种面团 80g

1. Mixed all ingredients except butter, knead and mix well. Then add in butter, knead until smooth.

2. Set aside for 60mins.

3. Shape it and put in the filling and bake for 25mins at 180c.



Filling

-200g Char Siew (BBQ meat), cut into small cube.

-3tpsp of green peas

-1 big onion, cut into small cube.

seasoning- oyster sauce, sugar (more), light soy sauce, salt, Tiew Heng wine

1. Heat oil in a wok, stir fry onion, add in BBQ meat and green peas, add little water.

2. Stir fry for a while, add seasoning, and thickening the gravy by corn flour water.

** Bread add in 中种面团, still soft even keep it overnight, but just a bit "leceh" because you need to prepare one day ahead..I will try another method "water roux" soon.

22 comments:

ann low said...

WOW, I also like this very much, can share some?

smarthousewife said...

麵包看起來很漂亮,包的內餡不同,就有不同的風味,這個食譜很棒!

ai wei said...

cool! u know how to make buns too! whoaaaa @@

petite nyonya said...

Your bun looks so round & perfect! I'm so encouraged to try it to.

marytance said...

you have made so many nice buns!

Rachel Hei said...

wow, your buns make me drooling... those buns looks great to me..^_^

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Anncoo, no problem.

smarthousewife,you described it correctly, 不同的風味..

Ai Wei, you dont know meh, I know a lot of things, hahaha..

nyonya pendek melaka, try it out.

marytane, bun is easy to bake.

Rachel, thanks.

Nancymommy said...

This buns are really nice and make me drooling too.
I like this SO MUCH...

ICook4Fun said...

What a beautiful buns. I love this type of buns especially those from the dim sum place. Can i have some?

米亚 said...

yum!!!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

You are so hardworking woman, making your own char siew pao some more. Love the color of your buns.

Shandy said...

How Yummy! Sonia, Hello and I have so missed you. Your char siew pao is amazing. You are such a talented lady =D.

Beachlover's Kitchen said...

your pau really look pro!! somemore add poppy seed...eh? now you make me want to make some now!

Bakeling said...

Did you knead the dough by your palm or machine ?


Wow , it takes about 3hrs from the beginning till the end ( after cleaning up !)

佩服你的耐性 !

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, dont think you have time to bake this now..

Icook4fun, but I dont see this kind of bun sell in dim sum place here..usually they served char siew pau but nt char siew bun

Mia, actually my kids doesn't like so much, I have sapu almost all..

LCOM, ya, my oven also very hardworking recently, hahaha..

Shandy, Thanks, I missed you too, so long you have no post in your blog..

Beachlover'skitchen, not poppy seed, but that organic black sesame i bought recently.

Bakeling, since I have food processor, I very much rely on machine, hehehe..Luckily the cleaning up job done by my helper..otherwise, dont think I will do baking so oftenly, hehehe..

J.O said...

这个是‘软’的烧包;)
用中种面团来做烧包,是不是很软
呵呵~看起来真的很美味
想起来。。我也很久没吃到烧包了

Colin Woon said...

Yummy! This is one of my favorite bun! The photo of the char siew leaking out of the bun is soooo good...makes me drool!

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

你的差骚包被人捅了一刀流血了!(Photo 4) 哈哈哈哈。。。。 开个玩笑 ,不要生气哦 !

mei said...

Hi,
may i ask about the high protein flour? could you tell me what kind of flour it is (is it like whole wheat or bread)? because in my grocery store, i don't think i see it on the label.

also, i saw you use it in many breads you made. is it a substitute of regular AP flour?

Thank you very much ^^

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Hi Mei, High protein flour also called as Bread flour, it is difference from AP flour. I buy from the shop selling bakery ingredients, dont think normal grocery store sell this flour. Hope this help.

Unknown said...

Hi Sonia! The bun looks great! May i ask milk is milk powder or liquid?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ying Ying Kho, is liquid milk

Blog Widget by LinkWithin