The other day I saw Rachel making 烧包 (original recipe from My Kitchen Snippets), this remind me the Char Siew bun that I tried earlier, it using the same Char Siew filling but wrap with sweet bread dough, usually it wrap with normal pastry skin or pau skin..- Asked Desmond to become model to hold the bun when photo taking, I couldn't get a clearer picture, as his hand keep shaking and he keep saying his hand pain, actually he wanted to watch his favorite cartoon..So I managed to get this photo..
- Char Siew filling
- failed one, too thin skin, resulted filling came out..
Recipe to share:-
-中种面团 ( my 1st time try this, recipe from Felvinc)
-High protein flour- 100g
-Yeast 1tsp ( I mixed with 1tbsp warm water and set aside for a while)
1. Mix all above ingrediants and knead became dough. Set aside for 30mins. Then put into a plastic bag and store in the fridge to keep it overnight.
Sweet bread dough
- High protein flour 300g
- Yeast 1tsp (mix with 1tbsp warm water, and set aside)
- salt 1/2tsp
- Sugar 50g
- Milk 100g
-water 10 g (adjust accordingly)
1. Mixed all ingredients except butter, knead and mix well. Then add in butter, knead until smooth.
2. Set aside for 60mins.
3. Shape it and put in the filling and bake for 25mins at 180c.
-200g Char Siew (BBQ meat), cut into small cube.
-3tpsp of green peas
-1 big onion, cut into small cube.
seasoning- oyster sauce, sugar (more), light soy sauce, salt, Tiew Heng wine
1. Heat oil in a wok, stir fry onion, add in BBQ meat and green peas, add little water.
2. Stir fry for a while, add seasoning, and thickening the gravy by corn flour water.
** Bread add in 中种面团, still soft even keep it overnight, but just a bit "leceh" because you need to prepare one day ahead..I will try another method "water roux" soon.