If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Organic Black Sesame Chiffon Cake

Bought a tin of organic black sesame during Jusco member's sales, and I saw Hsling use the black sesame to bake cup cake the other day, so I steal the idea and bake this black sesame chiffon cake. This organic black sesame powder smell like peanut butter, but after baked, no more peanut butter smell, just smell a bit of sesame aroma....




-Organic Black Sesame powder




-In my point of view, this can consider a perfect chiffon look...


Recipe to share:-
**for chiffon pan 23cm size

(A)95g egg yolks (about 5 eggs-medium size)
25g caster sugar
1/2tsp salt

(B)80g corn oil
50g fresh milk
30g water

(C)100g cake flour
20g black sesame powder (I feel this portion can be increased to 30g to get more sesame aroma)

(D)240g egg whites (about 7 eggs-medium size)
110g caster sugar
15g corn flour

Steps:-
1. Cream ingredient (A) till change pale yellow colour.
2. Add in ingredient (B), corn oil first then add in milk and water, mix well.
3. Fold in ingredient (C) , mix well and set aside.
4. Beat egg whites (D) in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time and finally add in corn flour. Mix well.
5. Spoon about 4tbsp of egg white mixture and use whisk to mix well with egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in the balance egg whites mixture into the egg yolk mixture,until well combined
6. Bake at preheated oven at 160c for 50 minutes. Up side down the pan and wait till completely cool, then only unmould it.

Do enjoy Baking !!!

13 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

my goodness, black sesame chiffon also u know how to make! my hat off to u! i heard black sesame is good for our hair texture..it blackens the hair.. and also good for our body system..but forget what the advantage is...

ai wei said...

lovely! i heart GOMA a lot!!! this is a great recipe for me. will try ~

ann low said...

Oh! I definitely want to try this because I have sesame paste only make for ice cream.

~Rachel~ said...

Sonia, your ciffon cake looks great, i like the textures, it looks like a soft cotton..^_^

Little Corner of Mine said...

Cool, I like the idea of black sesame seed powder. How much did it cost? Is it only available in Jusco?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

reanaclaire, ya, black sesame is good for hair, black hair,but too bad, my hair already put colouring, so can't see black, hahaha..

ai wei and Anncoo, try it out, let me know the result ya.

Rachel, yes, the recipe is use is very good, very chemical substances and soft and moist..

LCOM, i bought for RM 16.50 per tin, i saw in Jusco but not sure other places sell it or not, but I guess other brand do have this sesame powder too..

HS Kitchen And Hobby said...

Sonia, your cake looks so perfect. Will try to bake this . Thanks for sharing. Last night I did bake chiffon cake also but the surface cracked. Can you share with me normally in what situation the surface crack.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

HS Kitchen and Hobby, I'm still new to chiffon, anyway, based on my point of view, two reasons:-
1) white egg mixture did not well combine with egg yolk mixture, little egg white left will cause big hole..
2) too high in temperature..

J.O said...

很有创意哦。。呵呵
看起来很不错呢^^

smarthousewife said...

黑芝麻粉非常香,而且營養成分高。加入烘焙蛋糕中,是很棒的作法,有機會也要試一試,感謝分享!

Colin Woon said...

You're sure talented in the kitchen!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

J.O, steal people's idea, not that great lar.

smarthousewife, try it out and let me know the result ya.

Colin, Thanks.

温馨小屋 said...

哦!很棒哦!黑芝麻戚风我要吃!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin