I have been missing action for few days, as my sister-in-law and her kids were visit us last week and also we went back to my hometown over the weekend. After few days of not updating my blog, I just feel lazy to get start to update a new post, hehehe..Anyway, I'm back in action now, but i can only post you this butter cake that i baked last 2 weeks ago as I did not cook or bake any new recipes over these few days.
Recently, I have seen so many bloggers baked this old fashioned butter cake and this is also one of my favourite butter cake. This time, I tried with the separation of egg yolk and egg white method.
Old fashioned butter cake
*makes a 8” square cake pan
5 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites (large)
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Happy Baking !!