I would like to submit this mixed fruits pastry cake to Aspiring Baker#5 : Fruity March hosted by Bakericious before the last day of closing. I baked this cake for my sister-in-law family from Kuantan who came to visit me and stay a night with us. I know this type of cake is suitable for them, as it is less oily, not too sweet and very refreshing with all mixed fruits.
This time, I double up the recipe from the previous strawberry pastry cake.
Mixed fruits Pastry Cake
*makes a 10" square cake tin
100g sour cream/yogurt (I use natural flavour of yogurt)
1tbsp lemon zest
400g cake flour
2tsp baking powder
Mixed fruits-blueberries, strawberries and peach, or other type of fruits of your choice
1. Cut strawberry and peach into small piece, and toss strawberry and blueberry with sugar (if desired).
2. Grease (with butter) and line the base of cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Beat butter, sugar till pale and fluffy.
4. Add in yogurt and mix well.
5. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
6. Fold in flour, slowly combine and mix well.
7. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top.
8. Arrange mixed fruits on top of the cake batter, don’t press the fruits down into the batter.
9. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 60-80mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Dust the cooled cake with some icing sugar if desired.
Happy Baking !!