After i married and have kids, no more celebration of Valentine..On the recent Valentine's day, i still plan to cook as per normal Chinese meal. But my daughter requested me to cook Western meal after she came back from shool..She said we should also celebrate this day this time. I also sick of everyday Chinese meal, so i agreed with her, and i rushed to the nearby supermarket to make my last minutes marketing..
While i driving to the supermarket, i still not decided what to cook..I start to think which of my blogger friend cook a good Western meal. I recalled i have seen many yummy Western meals in Elin's blog-Elinluv's Tidbits Corner (Thanks Elin). I have never cook lamb at home, so I decided to make some grill lamb chops..
This Valentine meal cost me less than RM 100, very economy and delicious..
Grilled Lamb shoulder
I supposed to prepare Portobello but i could not find it, i replaced with this giant button mushroom, taste nice too..
Our all time favourite Japanese mashed potato, this time i added chopped bacon..Yummy!
Since this is a last minutes meal and impromtu meal, so i did not manage to record down the exact amount of each ingredients..Anyway, this recipe is simple and easy to prepare..
Recipe source: Adapted from Elinluv's Tidbits Corner here and here with minor changes
Grilled Lamb shoulders
Lamp chop (shoulder)
Freshly crushed black pepper
• washed clean and tenderized , marinate with a pinch of salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
• grill at 200c for 10mins each side, 240c for 5mins one side
Black pepper sauce for grilled lamb
gravy from roasted lamb chops
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Red wine (optional, but worth to add)
Freshly ground black pepper
Flour mix with water, to thicken
• Mix all seasonings and ingredients in a pot, cooked for 5-10mins, thicken the sauce by flour mixture.
Grilled stuffed button mushrooms
Big button mushroom or portobello
Green pepper, chopped
Chicken meat, chopped
Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
• Mix pepper, bacon,cheese, chicken meat and carrot in a mixing bowl.
• Season with salt and pepper, stir till sticky paste.
• Stuff the mushrooms with the paste
• Greased the baking sheet with olive oil, place the stuffed mushrooms on it and sprinkle extra bread crumbs on the surface and baked in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes or till crispy brown and cooked
Japanese mashed potato
US russet potato, boiled till soft and mashed fine
Japanese cucumber, chopped
Bacon, chopped and pan fried
Refer to recipe here