Beside the brown sugar butter bread 黑糖黄糖牛油面包, i also saw this Oreo bread published in the same newspaper. I like to try new things, so i also try out this bread..
This is how i test for doneness of bread dough after 1st proof, use the finger method: Poke it with one finger, if it holds the indentation, then it's ready. (this picture was taken from the brown sugar bread but not this Oreo bread)
2nd proof after divided and shape into small balls..
Love the crunchy and fragrant Oreo toppings..
Updated on 1st March,as feedback from a reader, the real Oreo bread have filling inside. I think is good idea to add filling since the bun itself is quite plain, maybe you can use the sugar paste from Oreo or butter and sugar filling..Do try out and let me know...Thanks.
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 10 buns
200g bread flour / High protein flour
50g cake flour / low protein flour
1 egg (large)
30g corn oil / vegetable oil
1tsp instant dry yeast
A pinch of salt
20g crushed Oreo biscuit (without the sugar paste)
Add 1tbsp butter with 50g crushed Oreo biscuit (with sugar paste)
1. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, mix until well blended to form dough, continue to knead till form elastic dough, add in 20g crushed Oreo biscuit, knead till well incorporate into dough, set aside to proof until double in size. (I use KA mixer with speed 2-3 knead for 30mins)
2. Equally divide the dough and mould it round. Let it rest for 15mins to loosen gluten.
3. Roll the dough into ball and slightly flatten and place it onto greased pan or lined with baking paper. Place a sheet of baking paper on top and followed by another an empty baking pan, let it proof for another 30-45mins.
4. Egg wash the surface and sprinkle Oreo topping on top of each dough.
5. Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper on top and followed by an empty baking pan (to have flatten shape). Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c (with fan) for 20mins (at middle rack).