I have seen so many Chinese bloggers have tried this simple and yummy buns 粗糖牛油面包 . This time i made some changes by changing white sugar to dark and light brown sugar after i seen this type of bread selling in a bakery shop which was published in a newspaper.
One reader asked me whether i could passed window pane test when i use KA mixer to knead bread dough as she told me her KA mixer could not do that. Last time when i made bread, usually i don't wait till passes window pane, as long as bread dough is elastic then i'm ok. Anyway, I tried to use KA mixer to achieve the test this time. After knead for 30mins, I still could not pass the windown pane test. I gave up and continue knead by hand then only passed windown pane test. If you own a KA (KSM150) mixer, are you able to pass window pane test?
To get the nicer deep hole, make sure you make the hole as deep as possible.狠狠地笃 ！^_^
Updated on 23 Feb 2012-This bread turned slightly dry the next day because there is no starter dough added, if possible try to consume the same day or re-heat in the oven 180C for 3mins..
Brown sugar butter bread 黑糖黄糖牛油面包
(recipe source: adapted from Qi Qi in the house with minor changes)
*makes 8 buns
200g bread flour / high protein flour
50g cake flour / low protein flour
1 egg (large)
30g corn oil / vegetable oil
1tsp instant dry yeast
A pinch of salt
Light brown sugar （金沙糖/ 黄糖)
Dark brown sugar （黑糖）
1. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, mix until well blended to form dough, continue to knead till form elastic dough, set aside to proof until double in size. (I use KA mixer with speed 2-3 knead for 30mins, continue use hand to knead for another 5mins till passes the window pane test)
2. Divide the dough into 50g each and mould it round. Let it rest for 10mins to loosen gluten.
3. Roll the dough into flat and oval, place it onto greased pan or lined with parchment paper, let it proof for another 30-45mins.
4. Egg wash the surface and use fingertip to make few small indentations over the dough. Spoon some soft butter and dark brown sugar into the small indentations. Sprinkle light brown sugar on the top.
5. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c (with fan) for 13mins (put at middle rack) or you may adjust according to your type of oven.