If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Doguyasuji 千日前, Kuromon market 黑門市場, Yodobashi Umeda, Osaka Japan



Now comes to the most interesting part of my Osaka trip, lets shopping !!


Doguyasuji 千日前, where you can find professional use utensils and food samples. A place where chefs and housewife like to visit. I bought a claypot, a knife and few plates and bowls here..I wish i could carry more items back home but they are heavy and fragile items, not enough hands to carry back, hehehe..

IMG_3850


IMG_3854

You can find equipvalent of Daiso's items here, but their price is slight cheaper than Daiso..nice ler..

IMG_3857

IMG_3859


IMG_3863

IMG_3864


IMG_3866

plastic foods samples
IMG_3872

IMG_3873

When i saw Nami Just One Cookbook 's Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette ), i was thinking to buy the special pan, but this brass pan selling here is so expensive, again drop the idea..also i dont cook this egg so often..
IMG_3874


IMG_3876



IMG_3877


Even chef's uniforms also you can find here
IMG_3879


IMG_3881


IMG_3883


IMG_3884


I bought the bread proofing basket here too..
IMG_3886


brass cannele mould, thinking to buy but they are too expensive, drop the idea..
IMG_3887


I bought a claypot, bowls and plates from this store,and this shop has more choices, but sorry i forgot to take the photo of this shop name..
IMG_3890

Kuromon market 黑門市場

-this market was not listed in my itinerary, but chance upon this market when we were searching for Doguyasuji's location..
IMG_3812

IMG_3814

IMG_3816

IMG_3820


IMG_3824

Here also has a shop selling kitchenware..i also bought few items from here..
IMG_3825


IMG_3826

Bought a good chef knife here.

IMG_3827

Also this good and cheap aluminium saucepan

IMG_3829

And bought ginger grater here too
IMG_3830

IMG_3831

friendly staffs
IMG_3833

This is from another entrance, still the same market.
IMG_3907

IMG_3908

IMG_3909

interesting to see " bak chung" dumplings also selling here
IMG_3911


IMG_3912

Japan famous giant grapes
IMG_3923


IMG_3914

IMG_3918

Wow, Kobe beef, RM 1000 per kg, anyone?

IMG_3920

Making Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette)
IMG_3922

Yodobashi Umeda
- a place where you can find electrical appliances, computer, camera, phones & etc
IMG_3924
IMG_3925

IMG_3927

original iphone cover but the price is few times higher than our "pasar malam"'s price..

IMG_3930

IMG_3931

IMG_3933

22 comments:

Tracy Low said...

那些东西真的很吸引人,有机会真的要去一趟才可以。

Amelia said...

Hi Sonia, thanks for sharing the excellent photos. All very well taken. Wah.... the utensils... think I'll stuck there whole looking at each and every pieces. LOL

Have a nice weekend, regards.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

如果有再去日本,我要来这里:)

Mel said...

Sonia I loves this post most of all......because I loves shopping for kitchen things and food. If I am there, I think I am going to get nervous...nervous in the sense ...oh my oh my....so many things I want to get to buy.....alamak!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

OMG, i think i will pengsan when enter to this market!

My Little Space said...

Yeah, this is the exact place I want to visit in Japan. haha... For the ceramics, you can actually found some of them in Daiso but not the printing moulds. They look very unique. I bet you bought most of them. I will definitely will, of coz. hah... Oh dear, this is a crazy place. I think I'll have to take a deep breathe before I started putting stuffs into my basket.lol. :o)
What a joyful post. Happy weekend.
Kristy

CQUEK said...

so many things to shop...wonderful !

PH said...

Wah, if I go there sure go gila, want to buy everything! Shiok, wor!

Li Shuan said...

Thanks Sonia. U know me ... I love shopping ! Thanks for taking me shopping so many nice places.

ice pandora said...

Oh dear, kitchen supply
and tools shopping is
heaving in Japan! I
would go crazy haha c:

xx

Unknown said...

很喜欢那些utensil。希望也有机会到这里走走。买些我这里买不到东西。

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, you're great to take so many photos at the shops. Some places taking photos is not allowed. All the items were so tempting but I never thought of buying them cos' wants to travel light. Just eat and eat there only...

Ana Regalado said...

Okay , I'm not supposed to drool over those kitchen stuff ! lol

Jane Chew said...

wah....! WAH......!!!! :)

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
Looking at your pictures is like going shopping together with you:)
Lots to see and lots to buy..:p

mui..^^

lena said...

wow, i think you went crazy looking at all those bowls and utensils! even cheaper than daiso? wow, you shld book a container and ship them back! haha! those dumplings looks the same as our bak chang, did you try that?

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, this is my most fav post so far, hahaha, we all C9, we all love the same stuffs, hahaha! Looks like there is one more excuse for me to go to Osaka in the future. Wait till Isabelle is a bit older.

Elaine said...

Thanks Ms Sonia for showing so many photos- love them all. I think I will go crazy at these shops - its a cook's paradise and dream- just browsing also can do if cannot buy!

Sem said...

i will be too happy to spend my whole trip just to browse through these kitchen and baking utensils, and you are so good to be able to find these places selling kitchen utensils, haha.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Sonia, thanks for the tamagoyaki link! I don't know how much my mom spent for mine, but I think it was around Y2500-3000. It's non-stick and it works great. Ones I bought from Daiso were so horrible that I couldn't use it. Have you tried that grapes called Kyoho? It's soooo sweet. There are seeds so it's tedious and annoying, but it's like eating sugar. :) I've never been to this area in Osaka and I'll definitely stop by next time I'm in Osaka! Thanks for all the pictures!

Yee's Corner said...

Wow.... Amazing shopping haven ! Thanks for sharing all these good stuffs! Really enjoy reading them!

Choi Yen said...

Did you went crazy when you saw all those kitchenware? lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin