If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Zespri Kiwifruit, Glass Noodles and Chicken Salad


Due to some program problem while i editng my new recipe index page, an old post that was deleted but appearing in my blogger's friend blog list. Thus I have no choice, need to publish a new post to overwrite it. So i take this Zespri kiwifruit salad which i prepared during Mid-Autumn festival BBQ party and post it here..
IMG_8536


Zespri Kiwifruit, Glass Noodles and Chicken Salad
(recipe source: courtesy from Bayan Indah @ Chef Rohani Jelani)

3 Zespri Green Kiwifruit (peeled, quatered lengthwise & sliced 1cm thick)
20g glass noodles, blanced for 1 minute and drained
1 cucumber (200g), peeled, seeded and shredded
1 small carrot (100g), finely shredded
1 small onion (60g), half lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 torch ginger bud, finely sliced
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
2 cm young ginger, finely sliced
½ cup mint leaves
IMG_8536 ½ cup coriander leaves
1 red chilli, deseed and thinly sliced. (i omitted)

Dressing
3 tbsp calamansi lime juice
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-2 red bird chillies, thinly sliced (i omitted)

Chicken
2 tbsp oil
200g skinned chicken breast
¼ tsp ground black pepper

Topping
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (I omitted this time)
40g cashews, lightly toasted

Method
1.Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, stir well until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
2. To cook chicken, heat oil in a frying pan over high heat and sear chicken slices quickly until firm (2-3mins). Season with black pepper, take pan off the heat and transfer chicken together with any cooking juices, into a small bowl. Drizzle about 2 tbsp of the salad dressing. Set aside to cool.
3. Place quarter length kiwifruit slices with other salad ingredients (glass noodles, vegetables and herbs) in a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4.Add marinated chicken to prepared ingredients and all the remaining dressing. Toss lightly to combine. Transfer salad into serving plate (without the juice). Sprinkle sesame seeds and cashew nut and serve immediately.

23 comments:

Ana Regalado said...

Okay , will take this instead of those cupcakes ! lol It looks refreshingly delish ! Love this flavorful dish :)

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Arggh>< Sonia~~
u make me hungry now!!!!!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

haha...i also eyeing this salad. Looks very refreshing :)

betty manousos said...

omg, what a great looking salad!

looks delicious and healthy!

i'm definitely doing this asap!

Little Corner of Mine said...

This looks refreshingly yummilicious! What a nice cold noodle dish for summer.

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks so refreshing and appetizing!

Rosita Vargas said...

Realmente exquisito y muy bello una tentación al paladar,abrazos y abrazos.

daphne said...

good reason for such a healthy and nutritious salad!!! Love the colours.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

What a refreshing noodle salad! I bet that the highlight must be the kiwi fruit!

Lite Home Bake said...

Very refreshing and healthy salad, i think it will be good for a light meal too :)

Unknown said...

Looks awesome!

PH said...

This salad is very appetizing. I love it with lots of corriander leaves. Cannot resist!

Lori said...

I love everything about this salad! I'm already writing down notes for my shopping list. I love the creative use of kiwis. Can't wait to try it!

Little blue said...

Miss you so much my dear Sonia~I like this healthy salad, share me some for my lunch.

Veronica said...

What an appetising cold noodle dish. Just perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing Sonia.

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

This is what I'm looking for my diet meal. So appetizing & great for my waistline! Going to give this a try for lunch! YUM! :)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

特别的组合哟
喜欢,很清新;)

My Little Space said...

I have bookmarked this recipe long ago but have yet had a chance to try it out. You just tempted me to do so. I love the dressing alot & my mouth is watering once I saw this salad. Slurpppp.....
Enjoy & have a great week ahead, dear.
Kristy

Sweet Baby Shop said...

Feeling hungry again...

divya said...

wooow....drooling here..Looks awesome n so tempting!!!

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
This sounds very good. Like the freshness of kiwi and the lightness of the mixture of veges and the glass noodles.
I already love this very much when i saw it in your Mid Autumn BBQ post.

mui..^^

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I love this salad! Not just leafy salad, but this has chicken and glass noodles... just plenty of ingredients to call it main dish (for me who try to lose weight). Looks refreshing and yummy!

Unknown said...

wow...this looks so delicious & mouth watery!


barbed wire manufacturers

Blog Widget by LinkWithin