Sorry to bother all with my scheduled Japan travel posts, but I am appreciate very much to those who left comment even i was away for vacation. Actually i spent quite a lot of time trying to finish this Japan travel post before i go for vacation, in fact still have 1-2 two more posts to go..hehehe..
After 7days of eating Bali foods (Babi guling, Bebek(duck), pork ribs & etc), soon i returned home, i really miss Nasi Lemak and Chinese foods..So I cooked this tofu dish, also cooked white cut chicken, stir fried green veggie and ABC soup soon i returned from Bali. This is a typical homecook Chinese dish that i like to prepare for my family.
Usually i don't add crab sticks into tofu dish, but spotted Rice Bowl Tales added crab sticks (sorry, can't really remember in which post) , so i also cooked this way..Ya, add crab sticks only at the end of cooking, if you add in too early, the crab sticks will tend to be broken..
Stir- fried Chive flowers, Tofu and Crab sticks
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
1 small bunch chive flowers, cut into 2” length
3 soft white tofu, cut into big cubes
3 chinese dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water till soften, slices
4 crab sticks, halved
20g carrot, sliced
50g meat, sliced (marinate with light soy sauce, pepper and tapioca starch)
2 garlic, chopped
1tbsp light soy sauce
1/2tsbp dark soy sauce
Salt to taste
1. Deep fry tofu till golden brown, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, sauté garlic and add in meat, mushroom and carrot, stir fry till mix well.
3. Add in water and bring to boil. Then add in fried tofu, season with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and salt.
4. Cook over medium heat for about 5mins as to let tofu absorb the seasonings.
5. Add in chive flowers and crab sticks, lightly stir to mix well, cook for 1min.
6. Dish out, serve hot with rice.