If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stir- fried Chive flowers, Tofu and Crab sticks


Sorry to bother all with my scheduled Japan travel posts, but I am appreciate very much to those who left comment even i was away for vacation. Actually i spent quite a lot of time trying to finish this Japan travel post before i go for vacation, in fact still have 1-2 two more posts to go..hehehe..
After 7days of eating Bali foods (Babi guling, Bebek(duck), pork ribs & etc), soon i returned home, i really miss Nasi Lemak and Chinese foods..So I cooked this tofu dish, also cooked white cut chicken, stir fried green veggie and ABC soup soon i returned from Bali. This is a typical homecook Chinese dish that i like to prepare for my family.


Usually i don't add crab sticks into tofu dish, but spotted Rice Bowl Tales added crab sticks  (sorry, can't really remember in which post) , so i also cooked this way..Ya, add crab sticks only at the end of cooking, if you add in too early, the crab sticks will tend to be broken..



Stir- fried Chive flowers, Tofu and Crab sticks

(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

1 small bunch chive flowers, cut into 2” length
3 soft white tofu, cut into big cubes
3 chinese dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water till soften, slices
4 crab sticks, halved
20g carrot, sliced
50g meat, sliced (marinate with light soy sauce, pepper and tapioca starch)
2 garlic, chopped

1tbsp light soy sauce
1/2tsbp dark soy sauce
Salt to taste

Method
1. Deep fry tofu till golden brown, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, sauté garlic and add in meat, mushroom and carrot, stir fry till mix well.
3. Add in water and bring to boil. Then add in fried tofu, season with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and salt.
4. Cook over medium heat for about 5mins as to let tofu absorb the seasonings.
5. Add in chive flowers and crab sticks, lightly stir to mix well, cook for 1min.
6. Dish out, serve hot with rice.

 

43 comments:

PH said...

Sonia, you miss home food huh? I like your family meal, quite similar like what my mum would cook. Also like the tofu dish, wah some more got crabstick :)

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia~~
很欣赏您的美食照片风格。。。=)
呵呵呵。。。让人想讨碗饭来吃。。
很香的~~

Sem said...

feel hungry now when i see your chicken and tauhu dish, homecook meal is always comforting no matter how simple it is.

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

sonia, u really make me envy la, always cuti cuti keluar malaysia, nice photos taken.

Mel said...

Sonia, I like all your home cooked meal dishes, it always came out looking so delicious eventhough it can just have a few ingredients in it. Right after I glance over your this chives /tofu, I was drooling over your plate of white chicken..... slurp...

Casey said...

你从bali回来了啊,哈哈。。。。一回来就下厨了,还是自家的菜好吃hor。。。

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

终于上料理了:)
我想念你的饭菜香~~

Karen said...

I'm drooling looking at your homecook meal picture..:)

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

Dear Sonia,

A simple family dish would look so attractive in your hand; I can imagine how delicious it must taste!! Thank you for mentioning my blog, this was the post:

http://www.ricebowltales.com/2012/04/simple-family-meal-stroll-in-woods

You're very sweet, love you :) xox

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

I love the way this tofu is cooked... tastes good with chives. Hope you had a great holiday in Bali!

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
So nice to have you back..:)Misses your dish posts.
ABC soup and tofu dish is my family favorite too.
Am drooling like the rest now, looking at your meal..:p

mui..^^

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Dinner time coming, makes me hungry liao, hehe...

Mandy said...

刚从bali回来哦。。太爽了,是不是晒黑了。。嘻嘻!自家饭最。。最香了!:)

Li Shuan said...

吃外面吃多了很腻,所以回家吃清淡炒反而多滋味了是吗?
很香的一道料理。照片也很好看。

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Welcome back! Wow, nice holiday at Bali? Can't wait to see more beautiful photos from you. ;) I love homey dishes... no matter where you go, after all that, just can't beat home cook food. ;)

Ana Regalado said...

Ha ! Everybody just LOVE your Japan posts ! :D

Can't wait to see some of the Balinese food that you've tried !

Anyway , your home-cooked food looks absolutely delish ! Love that tofu and chives combo . I miss that crabstick :P :D



divya said...

Looks soooo....good!!!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Welcome back! Enjoyed your Bali trip? I miss the island - Tanah Lot, Lake Batur and the Villas... I'm sure you had a good time...

bernice's kitchen said...

很下饭哦,原来还可以这样煮,谢谢你的分享 :)

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

Ya, after a holiday, we always miss homey kinda food. When we were in Bali last year, i didnt enjoy the food because most of it were fried and spicy, and i was missing all the clear, soupy and fresh vege kinda dish that we have here hahaha. I like this dish, havent cooked with chive flowers for a long time.

Elin said...

Looking at this dish reminds me that it has been a while since I last had chive flowers. I must try this dish...it must taste delicious with the tofu and crab stick. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Unknown said...

same as you. i also will cook this type of food for my family. i never cook chive flowers with taufu. try next time.

shan said...

那你吃了nasi lemak吗?

期待你的Bali分享哦!

CQUEK said...

a stunning post

Angie's Recipes said...

This is homey and delicious.

Artsylicious said...

sonia, home sweet home! i miss you too!! :)

Joceline Lor said...

我更想念的是你-Sonia。哈哈哈。。。。。。

bali好玩吗?我个人蛮喜欢那里的。
只是消费对我们大马人来说不算便宜哦!

Elaine said...

Welcome back, Ms Sonia. Loved reading all about your Japanese trip and now looking forward to read about your Bali trip! We always missed homecooked food after our trip- I always go for Hokkien Fried Mee! Your simple meals looks delicious

Little blue said...

How are you my dear? I still waiting TM come to my house connect phone line...hope you enjoy this coming school holidays~

Sokehah cheah said...

Nothing beats home-cooked food anytime, welcome back!

Baby Sumo said...

I enjoyed your Japan posts too, but welcome back! Last time I also like to add crabsticks to my vege dishes, but nowadays not so much anymore.

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

After a week of cuti-cuti you must be missing homecooked food lah :)Nice tofu dish! I do enjoyed reading the post regarding your Japan trips, lot of beautiful scenery, I believed no one will think it bother them too.

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Haha..i love chive flowers, yummy :)

fiSeeL said...

九菜花!! My all time favourite!

ykristen said...

Enjoyed your Japan post now looking forward to your Bali post. Love Bali so much......really miss the place, they have great food as well

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, I want to look at your Bali photos, hahaha! I love tofu , in fact I love all your cookings here becoz there is no chilli was used.I'm so 'charm' that now I have to stick to no chilli diet

Min said...

I love this kind of Chinese cooking, fulled of 家乡味, just now when I was reading, wondering what is white cut chicken, haha, what a good translation!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love your spread of homecook dishes! I would love to be invited to such a homecook meal. :)

My Little Space said...

Hey, welcome home and still in one piece. haha.... I bet you missed home. Have a lovely weekend, dear.
Kristy

daphne said...

Sonia, it is my kind of food too. I do love flower chives and don't use enough of it. I can see this in a clay pot version.

cherry potato said...

这菜好有妈妈味道。。。。

lena said...

yeah, like this kind of simple home dish, sometimes i stir fry with siew yook too :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I've seen Chive flowers in Chinese market and wonder if those are edible. I love your meals on the table. What a feast!!! Wish I could come back from vacation and eat this amazing meal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin