The best way to celebrate Mid-Autumn festival to is gather all family members to relax and enjoy grill foods. We had a wonderful Mid-Autumn festival BBQ party on last week.
BBQ party was meant for the kids, in order for them to easy grill the foods, i use skewers to hold all the foods. I cut all foods into small pieces and skew them into skewers.. So i was busy from morning till evening just to make foods into skewers..
Kids were busy to light up lanterns
Lanterns with cartoon characters
I still prefer this old-fashioned paper lanterns..This also reminded me when i was a kid, I use condensed milk tin to make DIY lantern, hehehe..
BBQ item- traffic light peppers and mushrooms
Lemongrass prawns- marinated with grated lemongrass, fish sauce and sugar
Curry squids- marinate with curry powder, light soy sauce and salt
Nam Yu (red fermented soy bean paste) pork slices -marinate with Nam Yue, pepper, light soy sauce
Chicken meat wrapped with Bacon
Zespri Kiwifruit, Glass noodles and Chicken salad, so refreshing and good (please refer recipe in next post)
Few items that i forgot to take pictures (i was too busy,sorry)..
1. Saba fish,,grill using charcoal fire to perfection, simply awesome!
2. Lychee and Lime Soda drink- my daughter and her friend offered themself to help me prepare this drink. Another refreshing drink and perfect to serve with grilled foods..
3. Okonomiyaki (Japanese savoury pancake) 日式烧饼（大阪烧) - I was like a chef, prepare this in front of the kids, and they were so excited when i made the pattern on the pancake ^_^
4. My mon's fried chicken wings - will share recipe next time
5. My sister prepared Chinese popiah (crepes with mix vegetables), it was good too.
6. My sister also prepared Barley and beancurd dessert with Ginkgo白果腐竹薏米汤
My little son Desmond together with his best friend, "dua kawan baik", ^_^
The item most well received by all kids was the chocolate fondue..
Cooking chocolate sauce over double-boiled - dark chocolate, milk chocoalate, milk and whipping cream
My SIL Annie gave me this chocolate fondue set about a year plus ago, i just got the opportunity to use it, Thanks Annie!
I bake a cheddar cheese cake and it was perfect to dip it with chocolate sauce..will share the recipe once i bake again this cheesecake..