If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chinese Popiah (crepe with mix vegetables filling)

Popiah is a dish which my mum usually cook during "Bah Chang" Dumpling day, this time I didn't go back home town, so no chance to eat her popiah. So this is my first time cook Popiah, asked around in wet market peoples, finally I got to know where to buy the fresh popiah skin, just 5min from my house, so near but I didnt know till now, paisiah.....





-Popiah ingrediants that need to cook




- Cook shredded yam bean (sengkuang) and carrots, soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste, cook till gravy almost dry,strain to separate gravy stock.


-Long beans (or French beans) sliced finely and cook with prawn, tasted with salt.



- shredded cucumber


- chopped Chinese sausages into small pieces
-soak firm bean curd in water with salt, then cut into slices and fry, cut into strips.
-fried shallots

-beat the eggs with salt, fry thin omlettes and cut into strips.

-fresh lettuce
-My daughter wrapping the Popiah.

-Just put all ingrediants on popiah skin and roll it up.



-Yummy yummy Popiah...



p/s In next post, I will show you how fresh popiah skin is making in the shop that I bought this popiah skin ( the owner so kind to allow me taking photo) , and I dont advise you to home made popiah skin, not easy to handle and tedious...

21 comments:

Cindy Khor said...

i'm so going to make this, my mum use to make this for us and i miss it dearly. the problem is i have to 1st find the popiah skin

米亚 said...

I love this! My mum used to make this with me at home when we were little... you made me feel like making popiah now!

温馨小屋 said...

Popiah如果多多人吃很开心的!我也是喜欢!
Banting这里,好像只有一个人做popiah批来卖罢了!

Bakeling said...

It needs a lot of patient to do this dish !

You really go prepared a lot of ingredients too !

Just want to have a bite at the popiah on your last photo ,it is so yummy !

pigpigscorner said...

I miss this! My favourite filling is chinese sausage and sengkuang!

Colin Woon said...

Looks like a lot of work but I bet the outcome is super delicious! Good job girl!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Cindy, you can get popiah skin from Tesco in cold storage area, but it wouldn't taste good if compare to fresh one..

Mia, if only for two persons, I advised you not to cook this, time consuming..

Felvinc, that shop even distribute to all hawker and shop which selling popiah in Klang..
so happy this shop is so near to my house, so I can have popiah very often.

Bakeling, usually time consuming dish only taste good.

pigpigscorner, ya, they are good.

Colin, yes, this is super good and yet healthy because homemade lor..

Annie said...

Sonia, wow another yummy yummy meal!! I love popiah too!! but not easy to find for nice skin. Is these skins Q? hehe maybe you should post the picture and address of this shop.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Annie, yes, very QQ, I will post this shop details in my next post, stay tune...

Nancymommy said...

哇...准备这么多材料..一定好好吃...我也是超爱吃薄饼!还要加多多辣椒酱才过瘾...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, I prepared too much, so we eat from lunch till dinner, and I even gave some to my neighbour...If you will be my neighbour, so I can send you some, hahaha..

Cheryl said...

I wish they sold fresh pohpiah skin in UK. I've been missing this dish for 3 years already... T___T

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Cheryl, I saw Tesco here do sell popiah skin in cold storage area, maybe you should go Tesco and have a look.

Nancymommy said...

真的哦...真想和你做邻居!说实在的我们两还蛮投缘...

J.O said...

这种薄饼我还满喜欢的
比起那些炸得健康多了,呵呵

Minoueel said...

ur popiah makes my mouth water... it's so great to have such convenient access to fresh popiah skin. =)

Faye fly said...

我的最愛﹗﹗popiah!!!有機會在巴生做做看。。那個popiah檔口靠近我男友家^^

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

J.O, yes, this is a healthy dish.

Minoueel, yes, I can make popiah whenever I wish, no nice huh..

Faye, really, your boy friend just stay nearby, no wonder you came to Klang few months back..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Minoueel, typo error, what I mean was "how nice huh"..

Unknown said...

May i know where is the shop that sells the popiah skin. I stay at setia alam. Do you have the contact no?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Zoe, you can refer to my old post -http://nasilemaklover.blogspot.my/2009/06/popiah-making.html?m=1, I did mentioned the address and tel no

Blog Widget by LinkWithin